3. Heat

A/N: alright now for the 3rd person juicy juice people 😏

_________________________________

3rd Person POV:

willow had to get up early this morning for a shift at Franseens coffee shop , it wasn't easy getting up that early but it was what she did to earn money .

the time went by fast and it was surprisingly packed for 4am , before she went to school she went over her notes for today's debate in history class , those were her favorite because she almost always crushed everyone , Eden could say the same .

She was doing better after her messy breakup but it was weighing her down on her self worth , All she wanted was a reminder of what she enjoys most , debating and seeing the look on her enemies face when she wins .

she sat down before heading out to eat a chocolate croissant and a large black coffee , she needed the energy to get through the day , it felt nice to eat without distractions around her when they were all in her brain .

~~~

Eden went down for breakfast but he didn't feel like eating , the pit in his stomach didn't weigh down the hole in his heart .

he was sick of his parents not being there , normally he'd brush it off because that's just the shit deal he got with them but it was beginning to flood his mind , everything was spinning .

he had a few bites but decided to pass by Franseens for coffee just to get energy in for today's long school day .

walking in he saw willow studying at a table , seemed like she was the only one there .

"hey" he snuck up behind her , he knocked her off her seat from the fright , he started laughing uncontrollably before helping her up . Yes she was dead to him and vise versa but he wouldn't just leave a lady on the floor .

"the fuck do you want Jesus christ" she put her hand over her chest breathing deeply , "i'll have an iced chai" he chuckled trying to stop laughing .

"no one ever orders iced during winter except for people like me" she rolls her eyes writing his order down the register , "who are people like you?" he asked while paying .

"bisexuals, here's your card , sign here" she sighs frustrated, "oh same but ew i'm uncomfy knowing we have something in common that doesn't have to do with school" he dismisses and gives her an extra tip .

"first of all , fuck off . second , you're bi?" she asks surprisingly, "of course i am , you are!?" he asks equally as shocked , they never perceive each other in any other way besides arguing .

"yes i am , and here's your change" she gave , what a surprise the two most intelligent people in school are a couple of mentally ill bisexuals , ironic .

"keep it , think of it as a losers participation prize for when i crush you during today's history debate" he takes his drink and starts walking out .

"you aren't going to win might as well keep it jackass!" she yelled lightly as he was walking out the store . "we'll see bell rose , we'll see" the door shuts behind him leaving her fired up .

~~~

"everything would be so much easier if i could just focus !" willow slammed the lunch table , "woah take a breath , you've been pretty stressed lately, you need to calm down" Eliza patted her back .

"no what i NEED is to beat Eden and his cocky attitude!" she breathed "and i lost one of my cards fuck!" she scanned through her flash cards .

"beat him at what?" Eliza tried to calm down her best friend , "beat him in the stupid debate in AP history so i can see the look on his face when he loses" she slumps her head down .