Chapter 53

So, I'm moving back into the show canon a little bit since I'm currently watching season 10, but a few adjustments:

-Debbie JUST got through the whole issue with Pepa and Franny's biological rights to Derek's death benefits.

- Ian's P.A was still killed and the whole wedding  was cancelled with Mickey.

-Ian and Mickey currently stand at the point where the whole arguing and separation in prison still occurred, but both have realized and settled that they were never meant to be. HOWEVER, Mickey still places an important role in the story.

-Mickey and Kennedy are unlikely friends, his soft spot keeps him around and he really doesn't have a problem with her and Ian, would rather see him with her than anyone else.

So, onward with the story!

"Oh welcome home my bambinos!" Kennedy's mother rushed down the stairs to grab Shiloh who ran to her, peppering his face in kisses before releasing one arm to grab Kennedy and kiss her.

   "I've missed you Mom...." Kennedy mumbled, her mother's hair tickling her cheek and she held onto her like a life raft.

   "I've missed you my baby," Gina pulled away to cup her daughter's cheek and smile fondly only to get teary eyed as she saw the bruises concealed under makeup, "what did that bastardo do to you........"

"Oh Mom please don't cry...." Kennedy held her mother's hand, "if you start crying, I'll start crying and than Shiloh will start and we can't let poor Ian deal with a bunch of crying Brewers." She looked back at her boyfriend who was taking luggage out of the car.

"Yeah, I got that enough at the airport when we said goodbye to Luna." Ian spoke up, carrying luggage and Gina latched onto poor Ian, smothering him in kisses and hugs.

   "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to release the lady. Ma'am is this man bothering you?" Carl, who marched out of the house, separated the two, hovering protectively before Gina who smiled fondly with amusement.

  "At ease officer, why don't you help Ian with the luggage and afterwards there'll be two plates of chicken Parmigiana ready for you and your brother if you get that luggage inside ASAP." With a nod Carl went to do his new assigned missions, only to pause to hug Kennedy who was all to happy to return the favor before letting the boy go.

"Your dad's really happy your home. He'll be distant for a few days but he'll help you get back on your feet," Gina wrapped an arm around Kennedy's shoulder, leading her towards the front door, Ian handing a light suitcase to his son to carry behind them, "so, what's up for you and my almost-son in law now?"

"I think we're back together. We're going to give it a final go." Gina nodded, before pulling her aside, waiting until the boys passed before speaking up.

  "Just be careful sweetheart. You've been traumatized so much already, I don't want anything to happen to you." Kennedy smiled slightly, taking her mother's hand and squeezing it.

   "I will and thanks again for loaning us that house in Glencoe, you're saving me from apartment searching." Gina brushed away her daughter's thanks with a wave of her hand.

"You know we invest in properties all over and you're my daughter. If you wanted a home in Florida, I'd find you what I thought was best. Sure it's a 45 minute drive, but if that means my grandson can ride his bike down the street in a good neighborhood, the drive is worth it," Gina squeezed her daughter close, "How's Ian taking the move?"

  "He hasn't fully adjusted to the idea of moving so far from his family, but he's willing to try this new life for us. I think it would be good for him too." Gina nodded, not entirely convinced but not about to stir the pot between the two.

   Within minutes Carl was in the kitchen, back straight as he stood before Gina, Ian slowly following with Shiloh on his hip as he entered the kitchen.

  "Finished dropping off the suitcases Ma'am, is there anything else I can assist with?" Gina smiled fondly with a shake of her head.

  "No thank you Carl, go wash up for dinner while I fix you a plate." With a nod, the young man almost bolted in the direction of the closet bathroom.

Dinner at the Brewer house was like that of most Italian family dinners, lots of love, talking, laughing and endless portions of food.

   "Glencoe? You moving to suburbia?" Carl curled up his nose in distaste and Ian shrugged, forking a piece of chicken.

"Can't move out of the state yet with my parole and Ken's parents won't let her stay anywhere near the South side and the Northside residences aren't that great right now. Her family owns the house we'll be renting and are willing to give us a deal."

"What're you gonna do down there" Ian bit his lip, putting down his fork.

"Basically babysitting, the drive is too long for me take a job so until I find something in Glencoe, I'll be ubering Kennedy to work and driving Shai to preschool."

  "Good luck being a stay at home mom." Carl laughed and Ian punched him in the arm.

   "Eh! No fighting at the table boys, save it for after dinner and in the garage." Gina pointed a pair of tongs warningly at the two Gallaghers.

   "Yes Gina." They muttered and went back to their dinners.

    Squeezing the ends of her hair, Kennedy climbed into her old bed, snuggling close to her redhead, lacing their fingers together.

   "I think Glencoe is going to be good for us." She mumbled, smiling as he wrapped his arm around her.

"Yeah, me playing house husband while you're working all day. Yeah, your folks are gonna be really impressed." Ian sighed and she frowned, touching his arm.

"You don't need to try to get them to be impressed with you, they will eventually.......There's a 24 hour fitness gym in town I think you'll like....You like working out." She suggested and he thought about it for a second.

"Yeah, I do like staying fit....." Kennedy beamed, stretching upward to straddle his waist, slowly winding to the reggaeeton that softly played from the speaker on the dresser.

"I like when your fit, I like it when you carry me......and I like it when you lift me up and lay me on the table and remind me who takes such good care of me my bellissimo ragazzo dai capelli rossi...." Ian groaned, tugging her down before flipping them over.

Downstairs, Nonna and Gina stared at the shaking chandelier, glancing at each other before clinking their glasses of wine.

   "Told you, a little extra red'll make any relationship stronger." Nonna smirked and Gina nodded.