Prolouge

Please note:
This story is going off canon. This story will confine a major character being Roman Catholic with Catholic views.

If you DON'T like Catholic views DO NOT READ. Any comments that disrespect religious beliefs or the individual characters different beliefs will not be tolerated and will immediately be deleted without hesitation.

   When people think of girls from Chicago, Mandy Milkovich, Fiona Gallagher, Debbie Gallagher, and Veronica Fisher come to mind.

  All tough, hardened women who'd been through the trails and tribulations of their location and who didn't take anybody's shit.

Now me, Kennedy Brewer, well I'm a different story.

I was born and raised in the North Side, a good fifteen miles away from the Southside. My father was a Southside native who had escaped from the poverty lifestyle and made it up big in New York where he met my mother, an upper-middle-class New Yorker. After they got married and had my sisters and I, my father's work brought him (and now all of us) back to Chicago.

  If I had a quarter for every time someone asked or gave me a look for what I (a obvious North Side girl) was doing in the Southside, I'd be driving an Audi by now.

   It wasn't a misplaced love for the down trodden neighborhood nor most of its inhabitants, but there was one set of individuals who brightened up the hole in the hell spat ground that was that neighborhood.

  The Gallaghers.

  Or more specifically, Ian Clayton Gallagher.

  The only boy who could make my legs turn to jelly and set a wave of butterflies through my stomach. He was the love of my life, and I was the only girl he ever loved because according to him, he was gay and he had no intentions of ever being with a girl for the rest of his life.....

  Except for me, Kennedy Brewer, the unofficial Gallagher, and mother to Ian Gallagher's only child.