Chapter 18

"Hi baby." Kennedy cooed through teary eyes as her newborn son nuzzled against her chest. Never had she felt such a love for another human being like she did for her son.

    Much to the new mother's releif and delight, Ian had stuck by her and their son's sides since they were released from the hospital. But things were by no means perfect. His odd, and erratic behavior didn't cease, instead, it only seemed to increase as the days blurred together.

   It was something Fiona picked up on when he brought Shiloh over to the Gallagher house for an hour or two while Kennedy caught up on some much-needed sleep.

"Hi Shi..." Fiona smiled lovingly down at the newborn who's eyes watched her curiously from under thick long lashes as Ian brought the car seat into the kitchen.

  "It's Daddy's time to bond, because Mommy needs her sleep otherwise she nags the crap out of Daddy, doesn't she Shi-shi?" Ian cooed as he placed the baby carrier on the kitchen table while pouring himself a cup of coffee, drowning it before pouring another.

Fiona watched him carefully, her own cup clutched her hands. "Are you doing okay?" The older woman asked Ian pointedly as he went for a third cup.

"I'm fantastic, having Shiloh around keeps me busy and pumped! This morning when Kennedy woke up to feed him at 3am, I watched the sunrise, it was great." Ian gushed and Fiona nodded with a assuring smile, moving over to the table to rock the carrier as Shiloh became fussy.

   "I'm glad you're happy sweetheart." She said honestly, though inside part of her was worrying. She had wanted to voice her thoughts to Kennedy, but Daisy advised not to stress the new mother too much with Ian's odd behavior, for fear he would lash out.

Another new development was that Frank had another daughter, much older than Fiona, named Sammi who along with her somewhat quiet son Chuckie, moved their trailer into the lawn next to the Gallagher house much to the family's anger and disgust.

Kennedy immediately disliked Sammi as well, the woman seemed to have ulterior motives behind everything she did and acted as though Frank was a saint while the Gallagher children were ungreatful brats.

It was during one particular rant that   Kennedy had enough and she carefully handed Shiloh to Debbie and stood to face Sammi who continued to rant.

   "Oh, will you just shut up!" Everyone's attention turned to the West side girl and they silenced, staring at her, some with relief, and in Sammi's case, disbelief.

"You truly have nerve to come here and judge them. You don't know anything about them and about Frank's so called "parenting." Kennedy glared and Sammi scoffed, eyeing the young girl up and down.

"Look here missy, they're my blood. Just because you had a kid with Ian doesn't make you a Gallagher," she hissed eyeing Kennedy up and down "How do we even know that baby's his? You probably got bored with your little rich girl life and thought hooking up with someone from the Southside was worth bragging about. I did my research about you. You're half Italian,  probably got knocked up by some mafia thug and had the little bastard. I know how you wops get around."

Everyone, even Frank (who was still sobering) up stared at Sammi and at Kennedy, waiting for a potential cat fight.

Ian glared at Sammi, clenching his fists in rage while Kennedy recoiled like she has been slapped.

"That's it, get out." Fiona thundered.

"What?" Sammi blinked, shocked at the other woman's words.

"I said get the hell out of my house!Kennedy's more of a Gallagher than you and Frank combined!" Fiona crossed her arms over her chest and glared venomously.