Chapter 33

Kennedy awoke the next morning to the sensation of small feet climbing all over her back. Nudging her son off, she smiled, lifting her hand to stroke his soft face. He was really starting to resemble his father..... Except for his olive skin and dark hair.

"Good morning sweetheart." She beamed, shifting him to sit on her stomach and it was only than that she blinked at the piece of paper taped to her son's chest.

  Taking the note from him, she read over the words,

Good morning,
sorry I had to cut out so early, I have a few errands to run, but I already made Shi breakfast and I left yours in the oven to keep warm. Thank you again for last night.

I'll call you as soon as I can.

Xoxoxo Ian.

  Crumbling the letter, Kennedy tore herself from the warmth of the bedsheets, yawning as Shiloh bolted out of the room.

Slipping on her blue robe with sheep and clouds, she leaned down to pick up Franny from the little pillow nest she had made the baby.

"Good morning pretty girl." She cooed, holding the little red headed darling in her arms as she walked towards the kitchen.

After getting Franny settled in her carrier, Kennedy dug through the fridge to retrieve the baby food Debbie had practically shoved into her hands.

The sudden feeling of hands touching her waist caused the young mother to involuntary scream before turning and slamming the plastic container of carrot and peas onto the assaulter.

"Ow! Shit Kennedy!" Kennedy stared at Ian in disbelief while the latter clutched the side of his face where Kennedy had nailed him.

"Don't sneak up on me like that Ian, you know better, Jesus!" Kennedy held her chest as her heart practically beat out of her rib cage.

"You know in ROTC training they never taught us how to recover from being attacked by a woman with baby food." Ian wiped some of the baby  food from his face while Kennedy tried to stifle her giggles.

"Here," she ripped off a piece of paper towel and began to wipe his face "I got your note. Where did you go?" She wiped the remainder of baby food from his face, throwing away the used napkin.

"Ugh, actually that's the funny part..." Ian smiled sheepishly and Kennedy eyed him as he began pulling off his shirt.

"If you're trying to get it on, may I remind you that I haven't exactly forgiven you for deserting me and that your son is in the next room while your niece is a few feet behind us." Ian rolled his eyes before turning around.

"Oh my God are you okay?!" Kennedy gingerly touched the inflamed skin surrounding the large bandage that covered his left shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry. I just uh, got a tattoo that didn't come out at all the way I planned." Ian winced and Kennedy furrowed her brows and began peeling away the bandage.

"Oh I'm sure it can't be that bad-what the fuck?!" Kennedy stared at the large boobs that were permanently drawn on Ian's back.

"I told you...."

"Ian.... what..... why...." Kennedy sputtered helplessly and Ian made a sound of acknowledgement, still not facing her.

"Yeah, I wanted something for Monica but the guy misunderstood...." Kennedy slapped Ian's unmarked opposite shoulder hard and he cried out.

"Ow! What was that for?!"

"You going ahead and doing something stupid before consulting me. You don't go and get a tattoo without someone going with you! You dumbass! Now you got pair of breasts on your goddamn back!" Kennedy slapped Ian a few more times for extra measure and he pulled away.

"It's not like I planned it! I also got something done for you!" Ian snapped, turning around and that's when she saw the smaller bandage on his right bicep.

"Oh Ian, now what did you get?" Kennedy ran a hand down her face while Ian used his other hand to remove the bandage.

Kennedy's eyes widened before softening. A cursive K with a little daffodil to the left was on his flexed muscular arm and Kennedy hesitated before reaching out to touch it softly.

"Ian...."

"I know you can't forgive me for a lot of things, but I always want to have you in my memory. You've made the biggest impact on my life and gave me my son. I love you and you mean a lot to me." Ian watched as a flurry of emotions crossed through Kennedy's eyes before they settled on something warm.

"That's one of the sweetest things I've ever seen you do Ian Gallagher." She cupped his cheek with one hand Nd kissed his cheek.

  Ian smiled, watching Kennedy turn her back to him to retrieve a new baby food container.

  "You can feed Franny while I eat breakfast and give her a bath afterwards. Debbie said she's a messy eater, much like her family." Kennedy smirked as Ian's smile fell dramatically and he winked.

  "Your wish is my command mistress." He dramatically bowed, taking the container from her and kissed the back of her hands.

Life was better. It wasn't fantastic or ideal, but it was getting better.