Chapter 67

Act 2
*the previous chapter as stated was a time skip for the end of act one. Act in takes place no more than six weeks after the death of Frank.

Ian avoided his older brother's gaze, fiddling with his phone instead. Next to him, Lip scoffed shaking his head as he shuffled the deck of cards.

"I don't see the point of it is all I'm saying..." he dealt the cards out, fingers moving fast.

Ian sighed, gathering his cards and looking them over, "it's not like we didn't talk it over. We've been talking about traveling for years. Plus I think it'll be good for Shiloh. I actually tried to talk Kennedy out of it at first but she's definitely a lawyer's daughter," he ran a hand over his face, "though honestly think it'd be cool too.."

  Lip didn't say anything, but raised his eyebrows.

  "Never been farther than the East coast and Ireland's pretty damn far. We both decided to do an AncestryDNA kit and she found out that we actually have some cousins living in Ireland. There's even a whole clan based in County Donegal, Ulster. They're supposedly great grandma Rose's eldest daughter's children. Apparently, great grandma Rose had an illegitimate daughter back in Dublin that she left behind with her parents when she was sent to America with her elder sister and brother. I guess she had a history of having children by other men.....Anyway, we've been corresponding back and forth for a few months now and they really want to meet us. They're covering us for room and board and all we gotta do is pay for the airfare." Ian reached into his pocket and pulled out a cigarette, lighting it.

Kennedy hated for him to smoke, said she didn't like kissing him when he tasted like tobacco. For her, he became a social smoker on occasion (though that itself was becoming rarer).

  "You really want to find more of Frank's people?" Lip joked, raising an eyebrow, silently reminding his brother of the issues with their other relatives getting them almost kicked out of their childhood home.

"They're different. There's practically a whole clan of them. They're really nice and are doing quite well from what we've been told." Ian defended their cousins but shared a smile with his brother.

   "Look, I'm probably going to regret saying this and I know it's gonna piss you off. But it all sounds more like you're whipped for that girl of yours. I know you're doing well and comfortable financially but haven't you learned anything about how spending money on pointless shit'll come back to bite you in the ass?" Lip fully expected the venomous glare Ian stared him down with but he refused to keep quite about it, "I've been telling you for years that if you don't watch out, she's going to be running your house."

Putting down his cards, Ian pointed a finger at his sibling, "Okay, first off, she's not "my girl" she's my wife. Secondly, we are doing pretty good thank you very fucking much and thirdly, I'm not whipped and fuck you for implying as much." Ian glared at his brother who held his hands up.

"I'm just calling it like I see it. Look, honestly I think it all stems from Fiona. Sure we absolutely hated it, but her bossing us around somewhat kept us on the straight-as straight as Southside kids with fucked up parents could be. But I think that's where your problem's at. You're used and comfortable with a woman directing and coddling you." Okay, maybe he shouldn't have said that last part if Ian throwing down his cards and storming to the front door was any indication.

Sighing, Lip reached over to look at his brother's discarded playing cards and rolled his eyes. Ian would have been wining.

~~~~~~~~~~~~>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~