Chapter 12

Ian was lounging on the couch, barely paying attention to the television, a hot brownie in his hand, Gina having excused herself to collect some vegetables from her greenhouse.

It wasn't that he didn't appreciate what Kennedy had done for him, it was way better than anything the city could have placed him, but she hadn't told him.

The slamming of car doors and loud laughter caught his attention and he sat up as the door opened, Daisy and Kennedy rolling in suitcases followed by an older girl with stronger Mediterranean features than the other two.

"Oh, Ian! You're here." Kennedy put the bags down walked over to pull him into a hug, her stomach pressing against him preventing her from getting too close, however it was the lack of arms around her that caused her to pull away.

"Why didn't you tell me your parents are fostering me?" He hissed quietly and Kennedy frowned, glancing back at her sisters who was discreetly pretended like they weren't listening in  the entrance way.

"It was a surprise..... I thought you'd be happier staying here with us." Kennedy frowned as Ian glared at her.

"I'd be happy with my family." He sneered before Daisy and Josephina approached the two.

"Hey Ian, this is our sister Josephina, Joe this is Kennedy's boyfriend Ian Gallagher." Daisy introduced the two, shooting the couple a warning look to behave themselves.

"Hi, Kennedy's told me so much about you. You can call me Joe, everybody does." The older girl held out her hand and Ian shook it, giving her a quick fleeting smile.

"Nice to meet you."

   "My baby's home!" Gina cheered from the kitchen, and within seconds she was in the living room, her apron still on as she grabbed her eldest in a tight hug.

Kennedy took Ian's hand, and led him upstairs to her bedroom and closed the door once they were inside.

"The hell is your problem?" She  turned and placed her hands on her hips.

"I told you my family was being split up and you fucking disappeared! That's what's up. And then I'm dropped off here while Lip, Carl Debbie and Liam are God knows where and your mom's off baking brownies smiling like Martha Stewart, like nothing is fucking wrong!" Ian yelled and Kennedy walked up and pushed his shoulder back roughly causing him to stare at her taken aback.

  "I don't give a shit about whatever is going on, but don't you ever talk about my mother that way, do you understand me, Ian Clayton Gallagher?" Kennedy pointed her finger at him warningly and Ian frowned, clenching his fists.

"I need some air..." He grumbled and pushed past her and down the stairs, the front door slamming behind him.

Kennedy sat down on the edge of her bed and buried her face in her hands.
She was the pregnant woman but recently Ian had been acting odd like his hormones were out of wack and truly it wasn't fair.

Ian didn't return until later that day while Daisy and Josephina were assisting their mother and grandmother with making dinner.

"Hey. Picked up a cheesecake for dessert." Ian placed it in the fridge, earning a warm smile from Gina who patted his cheek.

"Ian, you're earning brownie points with me. I love cheesecake." Joe grinned as she chopped green peppers.

"Thanks, sweetheart. Kennedy's up in her room, poor thing's exhausted." Gina nodded, she herself chopping chicken breasts.

   Walking up the staircase, Ian took the opportunity to let his gaze wander over the multiple family photos and couldn't help but feel a wave of jealously.

   Monica and Frank had never made any effort to bond with their kids in their life, and yet they expected everything from them.

   He walked into Kennedy's bedroom without knocking, the latter was laying across her bed on her side in only her underwear, stroking her stomach as she watched a film on her laptop

"Hey," he smiled sheepishly and she glanced up at him blankly before returning her attention back to the movie, "Look, I'm sorry for earlier. It's just, with my family it's been stressing. I'm worried about the others."

Ian sat on the ground next to her head and reached out, placing his hand over her's on her stomach, rubbing it gently.

"No, I'm sorry. I should have told you instead of letting this spring up on you like this." Kennedy smiled sheepishly and Ian leaned up to peck her on the lips earning a smile.

"Have you been smoking?" Kennedy leaned closer, sniffing him and Ian tensed slightly.

"Yeah, needed a smoke, I'll shower if it bothers you." Kennedy nodded great-fully.

"Yeah, I hate cigarette smoke." Ian got to his feet and gave her a smile as he turned to leave, the smile falling from his lips.

"You better not let her fucking find out, chicks are always gossiping and shit." Mickey took a drag from his smoke as he and Ian lounged on his bed, hair ruffled.

"I don't intend to. I'm already on the rocks with her." Ian took a drag from his own cigarette.

"You know, you can stay here. My dad's gone for the next couple of weeks and Mandy's off doing some girly shit." Mickey suggested off hand and Ian smiled.

"Thanks, but Kennedy'll suspect something." Ian sat up, and stood from the bed, gathering his clothes, Mickey's eyes trailing over his lean form.