Chapter Seventeen: A Mushroom?

I woke up to the sound of my door being knocked.

"Elvira-sama, Its time for us to go!" Ophelia banged my door.

"I got it! I got it! I'm up!"

I used a quick spell to clean myself up. I only use it when I'm late.

"Finally Elvira-sama, lets go shall we?"

"Yup!"

We headed out to the hunter's guild to find any interesting quests, we didn't find anything appealing so we headed for the magic guild.

We found a quest that caught our eyes. A Poisonling Hoarde? I read the details of the quest it said to kill one thousand poisonous monsters. The prize would be 30,000 golden curros. Its a level B ranked quest. There had been 3 parties who have tried this quest but failed.

We are up for the challenge so we ventured for the northeast part of the forest.

I still haven't memorized the map so we had to arrive there by carriage. We all carried our weapons effortlessly.

When we finally arrived, we had to find it. We strolled around trying to feel for a monster presence when we noticed its aura.

We followed it and Hestia and Ares took the lead. We looked at it and we were dumbfounded

Poisonling...is a mushroom?

"A-a mushroom?" Hestia said confused

"I know right?" Ares replied.

The poisonling twitched and squished its face then a bunch of purple gas comes out. WTF?

"Its poison" Isadora said

"What?" Zed and Landon asked.

"The purple gas, its poison. Duh" Ophelia said as she floats.

"Even I knew that and I'm dumb one in our group" Mirielle said.

"So how are we going to approach it without being poisoned?" Haxley asked.

"What is our powers for dummy" Clementine shakes her head.

Noel then tries to kill one of the poisonling by cutting it with a water spell but it regnerated and multiplied.

"What the heck?!" Noel exclaimed.

Haxley then tries a lightning spell but no use. Its still not dying.

The poisonling took notice of our presence and started to chase us. I climbed on Ares and Hestia took Clementine since she is slow. I told everyone to hold onto the griffins.

I teleported back to the base.

"Ok so let's do some research first shall we?" Landon said.

I went back to the scene and captured one poisonling first and made a barrier around it.

We tried everything and I noticed that there was a very very small gem in between of its eyes.

I stared at it and went to a library to find out if a monster can have its soul stone outside of its body.

It turned out it is possible. That in some monters that is their weekeness.

An idea popped in my head so I went back. I looked at the poisonling and chanted an earth spell to form a small dagger and it hit the soul stone.

It worked! Its dead!

"It died!" Mirielle exclaimed.

"So that stone was its soul stone? i didn't know that was possible." Isadora said.

"Neither did we" the rest said.

We teleported back to the location.

Clementine held all of their arms and legs back by using vines to hold them together.

Ophelia did the same by taking their shadows.

The rest of us started killing them one by one. There was probably more than a thousand here. It took us from 3pm to 6pm to finish everything.

We took all the soul stones and teleported back to the Magic Guild. We came in still wearing our masks, we gave them all the soul stones.

The stone handler looked shock.

"Y-your party finished this quest in just a day?!"

"Yes." I was confused by her question but still complied.

"A-Amazing! It took three B-ranked parties but they all failed. Spectacular! Based on how you sound like and your heights my guess are that you nine are still children am I right?

To top it all of you guys are just D-ranked! " She joyed out.

"Yes?"

People looked at us in awe. Really? Killing mushrooms was a big deal???

"Those poisonlings were medium high leveled and there were more than a thousand of them, those nine kids are truly amazing" one of the crowd said.

Oh right..they were pretty high leveled, weren't they?

We were tired and just wanted to sleep. Hestia and Ares were having nightmares about mushrooms that I laughed at. I closed my eyes and soon drifted to sleep.

To be Continued . . .

Happy 3k views 😄🎉
Thank you for reading!