Chapter 38

Savana

If life is a punishment, I will never wish for reincarnation again.

If only life has an option, I would rather play dead as a sperm and never fight to stay alive.

There are so many chances of dying but why am I alive?

Well, I have no choice...

I am walking towards nowhere, I could only see plain white and my eyes hurts because of the lights that keeps on flickering. I could only hear my own breathing, it's erratic- my hands are sweating, trembling and I couldn't even tell where is my feet are going to bring me. As I walk through a passage of full white, I saw a mirror hanging at the center of the wall and there I stopped by and stare at myself, I looked pitiful. My hair is messy, my eyes are awful and my lips is dry. I tried to lick it with my tongue but it doesn't changed anything, I still looked terrible.

I looked around to find an exit, but there is no door and the only thing that looks different was the mirror infront of me. It looks old and antic, also big enough for me to see my full reflection. I stared at myself for a long time that it seems like it started to changed, but I think I was only hallucinating. Then the flickering lights suddenly stopped.

I was about to turn around when I suddenly saw my mother's reflection on the mirror, she was right behind me standing. My mouth narrowed into slits and my eyes bulged as if I saw a ghost. Slowly I turned around, and there I saw my mother with a smile on her face as she spreads her shoulders offering me a hug.

"Where have you been?" I asked.

"What happened to you?" She asked back, sadly.

I glance at myself and I admit that I don't really look good, I lose weight and everything that makes me feel good.

"Mom I missed you," I cried running towards her like a crying baby. "Please, don't go away..again." I pleaded.

I shed a tears on her shoulder as she keeps rubbing my back, she then swiftly run her fingers through my hair and slowly turned me around to face her. She was smiling but her eyes are looking at me with a total sadness.

"Who did this to you?" She asked, with her both hands cupped my face.

"E-Everyone..." I sobbed.

She looked at me, "My poor baby," she whispered.

She hugged me again, so tight, that I can feel the sincerity that I never felt with anyone before. It was the hug that you longed for a long time and when you had it, you will never wished to release from it. It was my mother's hug that made me feel like I am in the safest place.

I cried my eyes out, I cried all the pain that's lurking within me. I keep telling that I missed my mother, I know this is only a dream again but I still asked her countless times to be with me again.

"Mom," I cried, hugging her. She just rubs my back giving me comfort.

"Please, be with me again.."

She again looked at me and wiped my tears. "No, I can't.." she smiled bitterly.

"But why?"

"I'm already gone Savana.."

"C-Can I come with you instead?" I know she wouldn't let me but maybe there's still a slight chance to make her say yes.