016 ‑ Nothing Special.

(016 - Nothing Special...)

A special Tenks to lovetori_xo and Rihanna_Adedeji for giving me the Morale to update. You guys are golden. And to everyone that has been checking up on me since the beginning of this week, God bless you for me❤️.

I'm going to be talking about a sport that isn't common in Nigeria, that is American Football. Remember, this is a fantasy school in Lagos. Me sef, I don't know much about the game except for research and movies I have watched. So just follow through. Don't worry, it won't be confusing.

Also, I'll be Introducing fully one major character we haven't gotten to see so well. Who do you think it is?🌚

P. S. I have an important announcement at the end of this chapter. Please don't skip.

𝐉𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐀

𝐉𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐀

(Jidenna Leo Okojie)

"I can say it anywhere that Basketball is way more strenuous than American Football," Tekena argued for the nth time and I rolled my eyes, trying to decide whether to reply him or not.

"Do you guys have to constantly hit bodies so hard and legit wrestle for a ball?" I asked him and he scoffed like I wasn't saying anything. "Sometimes, we get piled on," I added.

"That's not an excuse because you guys are heavily padded. Basketball players are not. You have helmets, shoulder pads, knee pads, mouth guards. We only have our jerseys. You guys only have risks of getting bruises and sprains while we risk getting major injuries. Check your stats." He retorted vividly, nodding towards where my phone was rested on the bench behind me.

I didn't have to check it to know that he had made a valid point.

"Point taken," I told him and he smirked, clearly estatic that he was right. Tekena was always right.

We were in the boy's locker room amongst other male athletes, the both of us preparing for our last practice before the Paragon tomorrow. I was already dressed in my jersey, lacing my sport boots but TK... he wasn't ready yet, clad in just his school uniform trouser.

"Are you not going to get ready?" I asked him and all he offered was a nonchalant shrug. "It's just a matter of time before your coach comes to send you out of here," I told him.

"I'm trying to get everything set for the after-party tomorrow." He answered and I hummed in response. "This party is our first party in senior year. It has to be lit no matter what!" He hollered and I rolled my eyes at his extra enthusiasm.