Chapter 2

(Fair warning... mentions of abuse and theres a suicide in this. Ill let you know when so you can skip)

I spent the whole rest of the day with my new friend Alastor until I needed to go home. We learned many things about eachother. It turns out we both love to sing and dance!

Alastor had told me what happened to him earlier today, his daddy beat up his mommy and was very loud. I wish I had a daddy but mommy said he won't be back ever again. It makes me sad sometimes. But I want to look out for my new friend! He is sad because of his daddy and I don't want him to be sad...

I come home just in time for dinner and look in the kitchen. Mommy isn't there, where's dinner? I go on a hunt searching for my mom, until I see the ladder leading to the attic. Why is it down? Is mommy up there? She says I'm not allowed up there but I am scared she isn't around, so I go against my better judgement and slowly climb the ladder so I don't fall or hurt myself. When I finally make it into the attic, I see mommy! But... why is mommy crying? "Mommy?" I walk over confusion written all over my face. She flinches and quickly puts things in a box, wiping her eyes before looking at me with the biggest smile she can put on. "Oh hello sweetheart! What are you doing up here? It's dangerous I told you that" she picks me up and gets back downstairs, putting the ladder up sealing the attic once again. "You were crying." She just laughs it off  "no dear, just laughing softly. Come on lets go feed you" she starts walking to the kitchen, and I remember what I wanted to say. "I made a friend today mommy" she gasps and smiles, setting me in my chair and going to get my plate from the warm oven. "You did? What's their name?" I smile and start eating "his name is alastor! He likes to sing and dance, oh and he loves the radio! He was sad today but I helped him feel better. I want to see him again tomorrow"

After I bathe and get in bed, I lay awake hoping and praying to the lord above that I get to see my best friend again...

And that's what happened. I saw him almost every day for months, after school days him and I would go play in the woods pointing out animals we see, mostly deer and bunnies. We even made our own fortress the best we could. We called it solitude. Because it's where one of us or both of us go to get away from everyone.

(WARNING)

Today is the first day of December and mommy has been very upset with me lately, she's always yelling now, drinking the smelly juice, smoking, and even started hurting me, but I always make sure I'm happy for alastor no matter how much I hurt. Mommy seems calm today, she even wanted to take me into the woods to go hunting. I was sad that she would kill the animals but I didn't want her upset with me again, so I went with her after we got dressed and she grabbed daddy's old gun he used to use. We were walking for what felt like a long time until she stopped. "This is far enough.." she said letting go of my hand. "I don't see any animals mommy" she laughed and puts the gun to her head, my eyes widen a bit in surprise "Go fuck yourself you stupid child." She then pulled the trigger and everything splatters everywhere.

I scream to the top of my lungs, tears falling down like the Niagara Falls as i back away, terrified to my core. I can't look away at the mess in front of and on me. I scream and cry until my throat is raw and my eye's can't open. That is until i hear many footsteps running my way, it was the police, they try speaking to me but I can't handle it right now.

(OK you're good now)

The police and other strange people take care of everything, a cop holding me close trying to comfort me and ask me questions. "Do you have a home?" I shake my head yes "is anyone else there?" I shake no, in a raspy voice i say "it was only me and m-mommy..." the cop moves around, like he is walking "do you have any friends you can stay with until we get you into an orphanage?" I nod with a small smile "my friend alastor... he lives um.. 1408 Northbrook Avenue.."

After what seems like an eternity of questions unrelated to my mom i seem to have fallen into a heavy sleep.