1 - A Normal Life?

Roughly six weeks had passed since the Selfish Army was defeated, and since then, life has returned to normal - albeit with everybody now knowing about the Precure.
Merchandise was created, interviews about how the Precure came to be were published almost everywhere. Almost overnight, these five girls became celebrities.

Adding to this, one of the Cures, Cure Sword, also known as Makoto Kenzaki, who was already an idol and nationwide star, shot into stardom, performing all over the world, going on tours and telling some tales about some of her victories.

It was truly a sight to behold.

———

Mana Aida felt the rays of sunlight that poked through the cracks in the blinds hit her eyelids, beckoning her to awaken.

She slowly opened her eyes, and sat up. She glanced at the calendar and smiled. May 23rd.
Alice's birthday was in a week. Mana had already prepared and already had her close friend's card and present.
She also made Regina get a present, which she had reluctantly agreed to, but also hoped she could get something in return. She was still learning the boundaries of friendships of course.

Come to think of it, Mana didn't even know Regina's birthday, but if Aguri's was anything to go off of, then it would be around December time.

Mana climbed out of bed and smiled at Regina, who was sleeping on a makeshift mattress on the ground.
Mana's mother was fine with the two spending the night in the same bed on some nights, but when she felt like it was getting too much, she made sure Mana and Regina stayed in separate beds, something Regina would commonly object to, mainly due to her uncontrollable love for Mana.
However Mana always thought Regina's obsession amounted to wanting to be best friends. It didn't occur to her that it might've been something else.

The leader of the Precure decided to get dressed, knowing Regina would still be asleep for some time, if her clock was anything to go off of. It was Sunday after all.

Mana descended down the stairs and made her way to the kitchen, finding her father already well at work preparing certain foods.

"Good morning, dad." She greeted with her signature smile.

Her father turned to face her. "Good morning, Mana. Did you sleep well?" He asked with a smile.
Mana nodded. "Regina tried sneaking her way onto the bed again, but I had to keep her off. It makes me feel bad but I wouldn't want her getting grounded again."

Mana's father chuckled. "Would you like me to make you two some breakfast?"

"But I thought you were cooking for the customers." She responded.

"Mana, it's Sunday."

"Oh."

It was normal for her father to cook everyone a nice meal on a Sunday, as the restaurant would be closed.

———

Regina opened her eyes slowly and moved her arm as if to embrace someone, but all she embraced was the cool air and herself.

'Mana..'

Regina began to curl into a ball. It was almost unbearable for her not to be in Mana's arms. She was her safe place. The place she could silently be rid of her worries and doubts, even if it was just for a little while.

Of course, Mana didn't know why Regina was so clingy, but appreciated her clinginess.

The young princess heard quickly approaching footsteps and decided to fix herself up, as to not look like a mess. Only Mana had seen her vulnerable side, and she wouldn't want anyone thinking she's a crybaby for not having what she wants.