11 - A Familiar Foe

"You."

Regina stared down the old man standing in front of her.
He stared back with piercing yellow eyes through his sunglasses.
"Did you really think you could get rid of me forever?" Said the man.

Mana stared in disbelief.
'How could this be?'
"How are you alive?" She questioned, standing her ground.
"Mana, stay out of this." Regina said harshly, almost pushing her girlfriend towards their friends.

"I only survived thanks to you, Regina." The man said coldly, a sinister grin forming on his face.

Rikka and Makoto looked at Mana.
"What do you mean, Bel?" Makoto probed.

Bel chuckled. "She hasn't told you?"

Mana looked to her girlfriend. Her expression was dark. She looked disappointed and angry.
"R-Regina...?"
"I am not me," Regina said slowly, creating a mysterious aura around her. Then she turned to face her lover, "Mana, Rikka, Makoto. Do not get involved in this fight."

"W-what do you mean? Regina you're scaring me!" Mana exclaimed, getting increasingly worried for her girlfriend.
"Mana... please. I love you."

"How sweet. Now let's stop wasting time and let's get the party started," Bel stated with a chuckle.

Regina closed her eyes and summoned the Miracle Dragon Glaive from thin air. One of the legendary weapons wielded by Precure long ago. She grabbed her weapon and spun it around herself, almost as a sort of dance, before she got into a battle ready stance.
Bel simply folded his arms.
"Let's see if the 'Great Regina' is as good as she used to be." Bel exclaimed with a cackle.

He too then got into a battle ready stance.  But he was without a weapon.
Red flags were already waving in the three spectators' minds.

Was it all pre-planned?
It was a conclusion Mana didn't want to jump to, but it seemed likely.

"If I beat you, you leave me alone. Got it?" Said Regina as she began to levitate, her blue eyes glowing. Her voice grew cold.
This was the battle of her life.
The battle to decide whether she stays with Mana, or becomes her enemy.

Regina knew she was already outmatched, but she had a few tricks up her sleeve. If Bel was going to play unfair, she would do the same.

Bel struck first. He used his teleportation powers to place himself behind the blonde where he attempted to strike via a kick. However, Regina anticipated this, and she deflected the blow with her spear.

Mana attempted to intervene, but she was stopped by a force field quickly forming itself around the combatants. Regina gave her girlfriend a knowing look before the field clouded over with a red dust.

The blonde found it increasingly difficult to regulate her breathing and focus on the fight, as the red dust, that had been caused by Bel, was starting to get into her system.
Soon the dust was so thick she couldn't see anything more than an inch in front of her. She had to rely on the golden glow of the Miracle Dragon Glaive to locate Bel.

Regina was primarily on the defence, while Bel was on the offence.
Suddenly her spear released a burst of light that dispersed the dust. This caught Bel off guard, allowing Regina to move in and strike the older man.

The breathed heavily as she turned to see the damage the Glaive caused.
One of Bel's arms fell to the ground.

"You'll pay for that, brat. No more games!" He roared before creating a powerful beam of dark energy from the palms of his hands.
Regina was too slow to counter the attack, and she was knocked back, getting struck directly in the chest.