21 - Forgiveness

Mana let out a pained cry.
Why? Why did she have to love control?
She has never lost control before, so why now? Why did she nearly murder a group of students younger than her?

Her friends had abandoned her. They deserted her. They left her stranded in Splendoris and without a Loveaid she could not return home.

"I deserve it..." she mumbled, continuously chastising herself. "I ruined everything with them. And now they hate me..."

Tears began to flow down her cheeks once again and she collapsed onto the grass. She was defeated.
She began to feel something she had not felt in a long time.
Hopeless.
Depressed.

She looked around the field she lay in, and as expected, saw nothing.
In the distance stood the Trump Kingdom. Mana quickly realised just how far she had walked in the six hours since the incident that caused her friends to hate her.

They would undoubtedly tell Regina everything, and Regina would hate her forever.
"I don't deserve forgiveness..." she whispered to herself.

"What are you mulling over?" Asked a gentle voice. A voice Mana hadn't heard in a long time.

//

"I think you owe Mana an apology," Cure Diamond said sternly, still in disbelief that her friends abandoned Mana.
She never expected her own girlfriend to be in on it as well.
Finding it mentally harmful to dwell on the subject any further, Diamond shook away her thoughts and continued on her mission to save her first friend.

Mana...

Fourteen years ago, Rikka met Mana for the very first time. She was only two years old.
Cure Diamond — no — Rikka could recall the events of that day with precise details.
'I'll save you.'

The other Precure and Ira remained silent. Cure Ace in particular was internally chastising herself. It was her decision to take away Mana's Loveaid. She didn't even take a second to consider her feelings.

If anything, she would have done the same if her older sister was placed in critical condition.

After seemingly an eternity, they arrived at the scene of the crime.

"She's not here..." Ace mumbled with her head down, realising how dire the situation was. It was paramount that they locate Mana before it was too late.

Suddenly, Cure Ace felt something collide with her face, and seconds later, a sharp sensation quickly formed on her cheek.

Cure Diamond breathed heavily, her hand flat as she slapped the younger Precure.
"This... is not the Precure way." She said sadly.  "I cannot forgive you, any of you, for throwing away someone so dear to us just because they made a mistake."

Cure Diamond turned around, noticing how everyone had fallen silent and were looking on in fear.
"Who the hell do you think you are to decide who's let off the hook and who has to be reeled in to suffer?! It's not right...!" Diamond ranted, her voice breaking and her eyes watering.

"I'm sorry..." Cure Sword said after a moment of silence.
She was suddenly struck with a wave of guilt. Not just for breaking Rikka's heart. But also for the fact she could be indirectly responsible with Mana's death.

Mana...

One of her first friends, and one of her only friends. Sure, she can be ditzy at times, but her drive, her leadership, her reliability and her passion are all unrivalled.

Cure Sword closed her eyes tightly before opening them, a wave of determination washing over her like a tsunami, destroying any doubts she currently had.