Chapter seven

TW: Weapons

The Specialists are finally here. They took their time. As their spaceship lands, all the boys run out to hug their girlfriends.

Stella and Brandon are the first ones to hug. She's hugging Brandon so tightly that he can barely breathe.

Afterwards, it's Bloom and Sky who are both really happy to see each other.

Next up is Flora and Helia who give each other a shy smile. Helia brought red flowers for her which she is really happy to receive. The present also makes her blush, though.

Then it's Layla and Nabu who are hugging a bit gentler than Stella and Brandon.

Then it's Tecna and Timmy. They merely wave at each other, too shy to actually show affection in public.

Last, but not least, is Musa and Riven who actually aren't hugging. They aren't even looking at each other, they merely just huff as they cross their arms. They must have had another fight. Will they ever have a stable relationship?

While they all say hi to each other, Valtor is leaning against a tree while rolling his eyes at the reunion. Ugh. Pathetic Specialist boys. And he has to train with them. Without actually hurting them. Great.

Y/N, Laura and Vera are standing next to Faragonda who is smiling and Griselda who is tapping her foot while looking absolutely impatient. Are they done hugging yet?

As they are waiting, Vera can't help but question something to Y/N. "Hey, Y/N, isn't Valtor your favourite Winx Club character? I remembered just now" she whispers so only Laura and Y/N can hear it. Laura is looking at them curiously while Y/N is blushing.

"Um, yes... Please don't tell them this time" she says, referring to what happened last year. She still can't believe they told the entire Order that she likes Snape. Laura and Vera just give her a nervous laugh. No promises.

Finally having enough, Griselda stops the happy chattering between the couples. "That is enough, we have some training to do" she says in a stern tone. All the couples look at her while blushing a bit. Except for Bloom and Stella who just giggle.

They all go out to stand in the grass where there is plenty of space for combat training.

"Okay, here is how it is going to work out - you will all get a partner to fight against. We have already teamed you up. The pairs are the following: Sky versus Laura. Musa versus Vera. Bloom versus Helia. Stella versus Riven. Flora versus Nabu. Layla versus Timmy. Tecna versus Brandon. And finally, Valtor versus Y/N. You two girls, Laura and Vera, will get some weapons to choose from which have been brought from Red Fountain. Meanwhile you, Y/N, will use your powers by using the orange diamond" Faragonda declares.

Everybody nods while Y/N is blushing a bit. She has to fight against Valtor? She looks at him. He's freaking smirking at her.

Sky walks towards Laura. "Hey, don't worry, I will go easy on you" he says as he gives her a reassuring smile.

Laura can't help but huff at him. "Oh, please. I can take you" she simply says, annoyed at him thinking that she can't win against him.

She then goes over to the weapons to choose from. They must not have paid attention to the choice of weapons at Red Fountain that they have given them. That, or they simply just didn't care.

Sky starts to sweat a bit when he sees her choice of weapon. A scythe. That's right, Grim Reaper's in town. Of course Laura would choose that.

Sky won't admit it but he is a bit nervous. Will she actually be using that weapon?

They start their training. Sky tries to attack her - however, Laura dodges every time without any effort. She could do this in her sleep. Out of the blue, Laura punches Sky to the ground.

As Sky takes his hand to his head as it hurts, Laura takes out her hand to help him up from the ground. "Don't worry, dude. I wasn't actually going to use that. It was just to scare you" she says as she helps him up.

Sky gives a nervous chuckle. "Right. You are good at fighting, by the way. I mean I could have won, I just wasn't prepared" he says, almost believing his own words. Liar.

While they were fighting, Valtor saw it all. He can't help but smirk. That girl just punched that annoying Specialist to the ground. He's impressed.

"Laura, what was that? Do you secretly have the black belt in karate or something like that?" Y/N questions while raising an eyebrow. How in the world did she just dodge all of Sky's attacks?

Laura sighs. "I guess my secret is out. Yeah, I have been going to karate for the past seven years" she admits. Damn. No one saw that coming.

Vera looks absolutely bewildered. "What? Really? How come you never told us?" she asks, not believing what she's hearing.

Laura just laughs. "Well, how come you guys didn't invite me to move in with you?" she asks as she sticks her tongue out. Both Y/N and Vera are puzzled. They didn't think she was ready to move out yet. Apparently, they were wrong. It's a good thing that the house has an extra room.