Chapter thirteen

TW: Weapons and attempted murder

Y/N and Valtor are still dancing to the music. The people of Domino are curious. Who is that girl and why in the Great Dragon's name is she dancing with Valtor?

The people of Domino have still not exactly forgiven him. Some are fine with him being here while others are still angry because of what he did to the realm and its people. Some people even want revenge.

As they are dancing, Valtor leans to whisper in Y/N's ear. "Having a good time, huh?" he asks her, amused yet curious. She simply nods while giving him a shy smile.

She can't help but admire his clothing tonight. His dark blue shirt and pants. And of course, his famous maroon jacket. She's glad that he didn't buy another jacket for tonight's outfit.

After a while, Y/N starts to feel a bit tired. "Valtor, can we take a break? I'm getting a bit tired. Maybe we can sit with my friends?" she suggests, hoping he doesn't mind.

He gives her a charming smile. "Of course, Y/N. Let us head there now" Valtor says as they both stop dancing.

They then head over to the couches where Laura and Vera are sitting while chatting as they are enjoying their drink. Non-alcoholic for the teenagers, of course. The King and Queen would not like to have a bunch of drunk teenagers at their party.

Valtor and Y/N sit on the couch opposite of theirs. The two girls suddenly notice they aren't alone at the couches. "Oh, hey, Y/N, Valtor. Nice party, huh? Vera and I were just chatting" Laura says as she smiles.

Vera nods. "Yeah. The drinks are so good, by the way. You should try it, Y/N" she tells her friend.

Valtor suddenly rises from his seat. "Definitely. I will get us some drinks, Y/N" he says as he smiles at her. She shyly smiles back. He then heads towards where the drinks are.

"Hey, Y/N, I saw you and Valtor dance before. How was it?" Laura suddenly asks, curious.

Y/N blushes at that. "It was fun, actually. Hopefully I didn't step on his toes too many times" she admits. All three girls laugh at that. She most likely did. Valtor hasn't complained, though.

Speaking of Valtor, he barely gets near the table where the drinks are before a resident of Domino approaches him looking quite angry. "They should never have let you in here, Valtor" the man says in a threatening tone.

Everybody stops what they are doing. The Winx girls are looking at the two men, worried. "Why do I have a feeling this won't end well?" Bloom asks under her breath.

Suddenly, the resident of Domino pulls a knife out of his pocket. Oh, no. "Today, the people of Domino will finally get their revenge" the man declares as he gives an evil laugh.

As he's about to attack Valtor, he's suddenly hit by a force. He lands hard on the floor, dropping his knife. He looks absolutely bewildered. What in the name of the Great Dragon just happened?

Everybody looks at who just saved Valtor. The man himself can't help but smile as he looks at Y/N. She just saved his life.

"Okay, the show's over, folks! Get back to whatever you were doing before!" Musa states. Everybody stops staring and proceeds with whatever they were doing before the interruption.

The King and Queen approach. They do not look happy. While King Oritel might not like Valtor, nobody tries to attack any of his guests without consequences.

"That was a bad move. You are hereby forbidden to attend any parties and arrangements here in the Castle of Domino!" King Oritel declares as he glares at the man who attempted to kill Valtor.

The man then huffs. "Fine. I still cannot believe you let him in here, after all what he did!" he says through gritted teeth. The man then leaves the castle.

As the man leaves, Y/N gently approaches Valtor. "Are you all right, Valtor?" Y/N gently asks while giving him a shy yet reassuring smile.

Valtor smiles at her gratefully. "I am. Thank you for saving my life, Y/N" he says as he bows.

She's still giving her shy smile. "Of course, I couldn't just let that guy try to kill you. I'm sure you could have handled him, though, but still" she states.

He chuckles at that. "You are right. However, I would most likely have gotten in trouble for that. I can be quite violent when defending myself, so I am grateful that you were quicker to act" he tells her.

Bloom turns to look at them. "Yeah, I can imagine that, Valtor" she says as giggles.

Sky suddenly taps on her shoulder. "Hey, Bloom, would you like to dance? We haven't done that yet" he says as he scratches the back of his neck.

Bloom smiles at him. "Of course, Sky. I would love to. See you later, you two" she says to Y/N and Valtor as the couple leaves to join the people on the dance floor.

Valtor clears his throat. "So, how about that drink? I was thinking we could enjoy that and a piece of cake outside. The garden here in the Castle of Domino is absolutely beautiful" he says, suggesting they get away from the many people in here.

Y/N shyly smiles at him. "Sure, I would love to" she says, agreeing with him. Valtor then grabs two drinks while Y/N grabs two plates of cake. They then leave to go outside to the garden.