𝟑𝟒: 𝐀𝐧 𝐄𝐲𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐀𝐧 𝐄𝐲𝐞

COTENT WARNING !

THIS CHAPTER WILL DEPICT GRAPHIC VIOLENCE. IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE READING THEN FEEL FREE TO STOP AND SKIP THIS CHAPTER.

I've never actually shown how horribly brutal Yeri is so I hope this chapter will give you the image about how cruel she is.

❌❌❌❌❌❌

"Anyone who injures their neighbor is to be injured in the same manner: fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. The one who has inflicted the injury must suffer the same injury. Whoever kills an animal must make restitution, but whoever kills a human being is to be put to death."

-Leviticus 24:19-21-

She was too late.

Yeri's mother had died.

"Yeri-" Hanseok whispered to her

His effort of saving her mother didn't matter anymore as he saw Oh Gyeongja's body lifelessly laid on the bed, covered with a white cloth.

Hanseok let her be.

He remembered the day he lost his mother.He hoped that Yeri wouldn't have to feel the pain that he felt that day.He could only imagine how devastated Yeri was.

Yeri exhaled, slowly approaching her brother who was kneeling while crying as well as her dead mother. Wang Liu had ended the line ever since his last words to her.

Her vision was blurry; it was difficult for her to see clearly.Tears clouded her eyes while her knees lost its strength.

Complete hopelessness converted into tears that rain down her face at lightning speed.An involuntary whimper escaped her lips.As her bottom lip quivered, her shoulders dropped in resignation.

This was all her fault.

Her mother's death was her fault.

They say sadness is behind anger, yet anger never comes unless in direct self defence, and so perhaps she can credit this natural passivity with her willingness to cry and feel pain, to let the sorrow teach her more about her true nature and how fragile humans are.

Hot torrents of grief coursed down her face.She mumbled incoherent things through her hands and choked on her sobs.As more tears came, more thought whirled through her head.

She regretted the chance she didn't take. She had the opportunity of calling Oh Gyeongja as "Mom" but she let it go. She was too hesitant and a procrastinator that in the end, she regretted it.

Hanseok stood behind her, patting her back gently.

Then Yeri managed to calm herself down, taking a deep breath. She gathered her strength to stand up and face Vincenzo.

Hanseok had his arms around her as they exited the room. Chayoung gave Yeri a big hug, comforting her.

"Who-"

"WangLiu" She snapped.

"How can you be so sure ?" Vincenzo asked

Vincenzo,Hanseok and Chayoung looked at Yeri while she sighed

"Mom's death was my fault"

"Don't blame yourself, Yeri" Chayoung said

"No. It really is."

"I was tasked by him to either kill you or mom would be killed."

"Which was why that day on the rooftop, I made the decision of helping you. I couldn't kill my own brother."