𝟑𝟓: 𝐍𝐨 𝐒𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐬 "𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝"

Yeri shuffled her steps that scuff the floor.She squeezed her eyes shut, then opening them wide in an effort to stay awake.

She felt her consciousness ebbing away, as clear and concise as it was mere moments ago, it was coming to an end. Her eyes grew heavy from the strenuous effects of excessive agitation. At once, she was struck with incoherence, an inconsistency to her thoughts, as she dug her head deeper into his chest, loosening her grip around him.

Yeri decided to give herself away to her pursuer,

To exhaustion.

She's standing on the line between giving up and seeing how much more she can take. However, her legs seemed to have given up on her instantly.

Her battery had finally died and she collapsed on his arms. He felt her figure slipping.With a swift move, Hanseok caught her.

"Yeri ?" He whispered, gazing at her looks. His eyes softened, immediately carrying her bridal style.He carried her as if it were a hug that kept his heart in steady rhythm.

He took her to a safe place.

His home.

As he placed her in his car, he kept on glancing at her back and forth, checking up if she was okay. His heart twitched, knowing that deep down it happened because of him as well. If he had stayed with Oh Gyeongja then she wouldn't have been killed.

He saw what she did to WangLiu and his wife. He watched the grotesque scene for 15 minutes, waiting for WangLiu to die then help Yeri. Of Course he was more than stunned to see this side of Yeri he had never seen nor expected. But again, Hanseok was impressed.

Yeri was the strongest person he has ever met. Which was one of the reasons why he fell in love with that woman. No matter how broken she was or how hurt she was, she didn't give up easily nor did she let it drag her down. She was always able to get back up. She had the ability to rebuild herself after everything she had been through.

Hanseok didn't know all the details of her when she became an assassin but he knew that it was also his fault. Hanseok felt like every suffering she had been through was his fault. But if they weren't meant to be, then they wouldn't have crossed paths again that day in Wusang.

He eyed the sleeping woman beside him, admiring how she was able to smile it off and acted like nothing happened when deep inside she was broken. Yeri was the type of person to bottle up her feelings to herself. She never wanted to tell anyone how she felt because she thought that it would be a burden to others when they have other business to do.

It was always Hanseok who asked her if she was okay. Not just during New York but before the catastrophic event that drove them apart.

Finally he had reached his home, where Hanseo was also staying since it was a weekend.

Hanseo saw his brother carrying an unconscious Yeri. Immediately his mind jumped into conclusions.

A pang of jealousy hit him, but he was more concerned towards what happened to her

"Why is-"

"What did you do to her?" Hanseo questioned firmly

"She collapsed."

"What happened ?" He then trailed his eyes, looking at her bloody palms

"None of your business" Hanseok answered

Hanseo was quick to step in front of his older brother

"Did you hurt her ?"

Hanseok rolled his eyes.