𝟑𝟎: 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝

Jung inkuk saw his guard knocked out in the car with their hands tied up. Only for two men attacking his other two guards.

"Honey !" He exclaimed, fearing for his family's life

"Seungmin !" He called out his daughter

He instantly dash up the stairs, leaving all his belongings behind. His heart was pounding, he was scared of what might happen to his family. What Vincenzo might do to them.

Vincenzo, as a mafia could have them tied up and tortured as hostages but that wasn't the case when he had finally reach the last step of the stairs, leading him to his living room. He quickly ran to the dining room.

"Dad !"

Jung Inkuk's daughter called out to him, running to hug her father. Meeting a very familiar figure sitting in front of his wife chattering

His thoughts fooled him.

Vincenzo wasn't there.

but someone worse was.

This person was way more brutal and dangerous than Vincenzo is.

He had heard of this person's reputation. He had seen what this person did.

and he dreaded her.

The assassin in front of him, Donna Mortale

"Ciao, amico" (hello, my friend)

Yeri turned her back to face the traitor, giving him a wink along with a smile plastered across her face.

His wife had been admiring the watch on Yeri's hand which Hanseok had gifted her. They talked about it for quite a while before Jung In-kuk came.

The colour on prosecutor Jung's face had faded as he saw the woman in front of him.

'Anyone but her'

'please...' he implored.

Yeri took her hand back from his wife and place it on top of the chair's back, her eyes were still fixed on the man who just came home.

"Dad" Seungmin said

"Yes ?"

"Your colleague from the states is so pretty, she speaks a lot of language too"

"Did you know she majored in business with Babel's chairman ? She even told me they dated !"

Yeri told them about her brief history. His wife wouldn't shut up. She kept on giving Yeri compliments.

"I think I can be best friends with her" She whispered onto her father's ears

He chuckled nervously, avoiding her stare

"You should've told us that Miss Yoon was coming today"

"She ended up cooking everything"

His wife said.

Yeri let out a light laugh

"It's fine, really, I enjoyed the time with Seungmin and you"

'That smile belongs to a killer, how can you be fooled by her smile ?' Jung in-kuk thought as he witnessed their interaction

"Yes !"

"Her steak was so tasty !"

'Of course it was, I learnt from the best' Yeri thought of Hanseok as she reminisced their night when he taught her how to cook steak just before giving her that necklace.

"Is that so ?" Prosecutor Jung asked, still not wanting to look at Yeri.

"Did you have dinner ?" She asked