𝟒𝟐: 𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐒𝐨 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲

Hanseok was too early.

Why was he already home ?

Feeling anxious is normal and natural. It is part of the system that evolved to keep you safe and well. It is an alarm system of sorts, one you should heed. For when we are anxious it impacts both the functioning of the brain and the body.

Anxious isn't keeping Yeri safe.

It was killing her.

As her palms were getting sweaty, she was unable to utter words to respond to him. She cut off the call, immediately going back to Hanseok's place to talk face to face.

She was worried, scared how he might react to it.

"Shit"

She didn't think whether Hanseok would want a baby or not.

What if he told her to abort the baby ? What if he thinks the baby isn't his ?

She took took a deep breath and exhaled with each step she took.

"Shit" She cursed again

How did he find out ?

She was approaching his place, unlocking the door and stepped into the house.

He was already waiting for her.

"Hanseok-"

"Answer me truthfully, Yeri" His voice was filled with demand

He stood up, ambling to Yeri, but the atmosphere was full of tension. Their bodies were only inches apart.

"look at me, Yeri" there was a sudden raise in his voice- but not too loud.

"Are you, or are you not pregnant ?"

She knew she couldn't deceive him. She could lie to everyone else.

She's a liar, a really really really good liar.

But in front of him, she was the New York version of Yoon Yeri.

She couldn't lie to him.

Besides, lying will only make things worse. He already knew the truth

Yeri shifted her gaze towards his left hand where he held something, a picture.

Her ultrasound

He was aware of where her eyes were looking

"Yes" 

"You went to Solmee and got an ultrasound behind my back ?" His fury sparked, raising his voice gradually

Yeri left her ultrasound under her bed, which is a really unsafe location, another careless mistake from her, allowing Hanseok to find out.

"I wanted to wait"

"until you get yourself killed ?" He said lowly

"This is what Ms Choi was talking about."

"Jesus, this was what my dad talked about"

"They wanted to kill the baby !"

"My father and Ms Choi threatened you yet you didn't even think to tell me ?!"  His eyes narrowed and his teeth clenched together.

"I need you to run away Yeri"

"Hide from Babel"

"This is why I didn't want to tell you..." She mumbled, enough for him to hear

"What ?" He said in disbelief

"I knew this would be how you reacted which is why I didn't want to tell you"