𝟑𝟖: 𝐇𝐚𝐧 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐞-𝐖𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐀𝐧 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥

"Hanseok..."

"I have to tell you something"

'I'm pregnant, with your baby' 

Yeri almost spewed out those words from her mouth. She convinced herself that in was indeed time for her to tell him about the baby. She didn't want him to be in the dark until the bump was obvious, even worse, when she's in labour. 

She wanted her kid to have a father growing up, she wanted to give her baby a childhood she never had. Even after what Hanseok did in the past, she saw how good he was with kids and she believed that Hanseok will indeed be a good father. 

No, not good.

Amazing. 

His dark chocolate eyes were glued onto her orbs, waiting for her to say something. Staring became a way of their communication. The first one to look away looses, signifying they were the weak one. Neither Hanseok nor Yeri was looking away.

Hanseok wasn't expecting anymore secrets. He thought she was going to tell him another identity Yeri had been hiding.

"I'm-"

She stopped for a second, rethinking her choices. If she tells him about the baby now, he'll lock her up, he'll push her to flee the country, avoiding his father and Choi Myunghee at all cost. She won't be able to fight against Babel and murder Myunghee herself. She wouldn't be able to be there for Vincenzo and Chayoung and Hanseo when they need her. 

She'll be hiding for 8 months, off grid. 

She couldn't be selfish this time. Even if it was for the safety of both her and her baby, she knew the risk the moment she found out she was pregnant. She knows how Hanseok will react to this news. 

So she kept it. 

Even when they said, no more secrets, can Yeri actually be honest with him after everything that has happened ? 

She told him another dark secret of hers instead

"I-I slept with him" she stuttered, afraid of how he might react 

"What ?" He asked her. His gaze wasn't a serious one but a gentle and soft one. His hands softly glided to caress her bare shoulders which were covered with the heavy black duvet.

"I made a mistake...."

"Yeri, what are you-"

"Wang Liu...." 

"In Italy a few years back, We had a couple of drinks, and- we talked and he kissed me and- one thing led to another"

"Did you love him ?" Hanseok asked her, whispering to her while fondling her cheeks. 

"Never." She answered 

"My heart wouldn't open for anyone else but you"

"I should've kicked his balls..." Yeri let out a chuckle, followed by Hanseok's brief laughter

"Are you mad ?" She asked 

Hanseok blinked twice, even with his stunned reaction deep in his heart, he wasn't angry at her. He couldn't be mad at her, he didn't have the right to.

Hanseok wasn't Yeri's boyfriend nor was he her husband. He doesn't even know what they were in that moment. After all, He left her all those years back.It was all his fault from the beginning.

"Of course not" He kissed her forehead 

"It was all in the past Yeri..."

"Your past doesn't determine who you are now"