𝟒𝟑: 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

"Promise me"

"Promise me, Hanseok...That you'll never be like your father"

Han Chaewon looked at her 16 year old son who had murdered his classmate over a petty dispute.

His mother stroked his shoulders gently as her eyes began to turn glossy, he spotted a bruise over her mother's arm.

'She found out' He thought, but he wasn't surprised. His mother always finds out

After all, he's her own flesh and blood.

"Did father hit you again ?"

"What you did to that boy is worse than what your father did to me, Hanseok"

"I was angry mom, he said something about you and dad"

"He didn't just steal my ball, he called you-"

"names..."

All this time Hanseok acted like the perfect heir to his father's company Babel, although his father abused him and had an affair, Hanseok tried his best to smile and hide the pain, he wore a mask in front of everyone he knew, including his own mother.

His mother tried her best as well. both of them were hurting from Jang GukHwan's actions

When Hanseok's classmate made a joke about his mother being a weak whore, it was the trigger. The rage that splurged inside him, was uncontrollable to the point he murdered his own friend.

"Still, you couldn't take his life away from him"

"mom--"

Questions clouded his mind, thousands of them

Why do you still love him? Why are you still with him after what he did to you ? Why do we still live with him ? Why can't we escape from him ? What did he do to you ?

Hanseok needed answers. He needed his mother to be safe.

The only person he had loved.

His eyes weren't focused on his father who was on the phone to cover up his son's murder at the backyard but rather onto the hurt and pain in his mother's reddened eyes.

"Is he sending me away ?"

"I'm afraid so, Hanseok"

If people knew what he did, they would say that this moment is the root of hatred towards his father.

But people didn't know him.

For he had already hated his father when he impregnated his own secretary and laid his hand on Han Chaewon. He hated his father the moment Jang Hanseo was born. For picking another woman other than his family. He hated his father the moment he heard his mother's scream from his beating.

He hated his father.

But again, Jang Gukhwan isn't Hanseok's father for nothing.

"Hanseok, you need to promise me"

"huh ?" He snapped back from his thought of murdering his own father when he had the chance for it is the only way

"You must never be a monster like him"

His mother's eyes spoke a thousand words, words that he knew the meaning of.

But defeating a devil, takes another devil.Jang Hanseok knew that he had to be one.

His hatred towards his father led him to plan a revenge.

So he couldn't promise anything to his mother. Especially one that he knew he couldn't keep.