Getting Tests Done

When I wake up, I'm in my brothers arms and we are walking into the hospital. I hold my blanket and stuffed husky to my chest. When we get checked in and get taken to a room, Apollo lays me down on the bed and a nurse walks in.

"Hello my name is Kaylee and I'll be your nurse," Kaylee says.

"Now can you tell me what's wrong?" She asks me.

"My stomach has been hurting, I've lost my appetite, I've had headaches, I feel bloated, I've been tired and I've been throwing up blood," I tell her already feeling tired.

"I'm going to start an I.V for you just to get some fluid into you, ok?" Kaylee tells me.

I freak out because I've never like needles and Apollo tries to calm me down.

"Artemis do you want to see the needle?" Kaylee asks me.

I nod my head.

She shows it to me and I notice it's a very small needle and I calm down a little. Apollo turns my head to look at him.

"You want me to count to three before I stick it in you, Artemis?" Kaylee asks. I nod my head.

"Ok. One, two, three, stick," she says and sticks the needle in me and a few tears roll down my cheeks.

Apollo wipes them away.

"It's over," Apollo tells me.

"I'll let y'all get some rest for now and just press this button if y'all need anything," she says and points to a button on the wall and walks out.

I pull my blanket and stuffed husky closer to my chest. I scoot over on the bed so Apollo can lay beside me and he does. I curl up next to him and he rubs my back as I fall asleep.

The next morning
I wake up to people talking and my body hurting. I rub my eyes and see Apollo talking to someone.

"Good you're awake," Apollo says.

"Hello Artemis my name is Dr.Peter," the doctor tells me.

"We're going to do a few tests today to see what is wrong," he tells me and I nod my head.

Some nurses; including Kaylee, walk in and roll my bed into a different room.

They do some tests and take me back into my room when they are done.

When I get back to my room I see Apollo talking to Jake and Zoë. When they see me they are at my sides.

"How are you feeling?" Zoë asks.

"Horrible," I say.

Later that night
Zoë and Jake just left.

"Apollo I'm scared," I tell my brother.

"We don't even know what's wrong and it could just be a stomach bug," he tells me.

"But what if it isn't and it's something I could die from?" I ask him as tears roll down my cheeks.

"Artemis listen to me I'm not going to let you die. If it is something bad then I will do any and everything to get you better," Apollo tells me and pulls me into a hug.

"I love you, Artemis," he tells me.

"I love you too," I tell him and fall asleep.