Arguing with the Prinicipal

"This is so stupid," Apollo says as we walk to the principals office.

"Yea I know," Jake says.

"Guys, y'all didn't have to come," I say looking down.

"Yea we did Artemis, this isn't right that she is treating you like this," Apollo says.

"Apollo's right, Artemis," Jake says.

At the principles office
When we arrive, we go in and get told to sit down.

"So can y'all tell me why y'all are here?" Mrs.Allison, the principal, asks.

"Mrs.Allison, we were reading a story, and Mrs.Lacy called on Artemis to read, and she has trouble with her dyslexia, so that wasn't fair, if she isn't going to get help then how will she be able to get better?" Apollo asks.

"Apollo I understand but you and Jake need to let Mrs.Lacy do what she feels she needs to do," Mrs.Allison says.

"But how can Artemis learn, if she's not getting help from a teacher," Apollo says.

"Tell you what, I'll talk with Mrs.Lacy, but in return I expect Artemis," she says turning to me, "to do what she is told," Mrs.Allison continues.

"I did read as much as I could," I say.

"Then why are you here?" she asks me.

"Because I tried pronouncing a word, and it came out like a cuss word, and Mrs.Lacy sent us here," I say.

"Oh, I see, y'all are free to go, but remember the deal," Mrs.Allison says.

"Yes ma'am," me, Jake, and Apollo say, and walk out.