Surprises and Trouble

When we get to History I realize someone sitting at my desk. When they turn around I notice it's Zoë!

"Zoë!" I yell excited. She looks at me and gets up and runs over to me and pulls me into a hug. I see Jake following her. I hug her back.

"I didn't know you were coming back today!" She says.

"I feel better so I decided to try and make it today," I tell her.

"Are you cancer free?" Jake asks.

"Not exactly but she's getting there," Apollo tells him for me.

Me and Zoë go and sit down while Jake and Apollo talk before class starts.

"When did you switch classes?" I ask her.

"After you got sick. I figured it would be easier to collect y'all's work that way," Zoë tells me.

"Do we have all the same classes now?" I ask her. She smiles.

"Yep!" She says.

This year has been so miserable and now that I have my best friend in all my classes it's going to make it better.

"That's the best news to come back to!" I tell her; excitedly.

After a few more minutes, Jake and Apollo come and sit with us. The teacher starts talking about the lesson.

After the class we walk out together and as always I'm the last one out of the class and get pushed down. I try to call out but someone's hand is over my mouth, muffling any sound.

"We're going to have so much fun with you!" The person whispers in my ear. I recognize the voice as Allan's.

Then I see Leah, Grace, Lily, Ava, and Jack. I see Apollo, Jake, and Zoë standing outside and bite Allans hand and take off running outside. Apollo sees me and immediately turns concerned.

"Artemis what's wrong?!" He asks me.

I point inside the building and Leah and Allan are standing there glaring at me. I have trouble catching my breath.

Apollo walks into the building with Jake following him and I lean against the wall and Zoë helps me sit down. I decide to tell Zoë about the note. I take it out of my backpack and hand it to her.

"What's this?" She asks.

"J-just read it," I tell her.

She reads it and by the look on her face, I can tell she is mad.

"We are putting an end to this one way or another," she tells me.