Unexpected Visitors

A year later
I just got released from the hospital a few days ago and am at home now. The doctor said that I can't go back to school for a few weeks or until I get my energy back. I've been very weak ever since I got sick. During chemo I also lost my hair so I've been wearing beanies.

My brother has been taking care of me, and Zoë and Jake come by after school everyday to give us our work that we have missed.

"Artemis are you hungry?" My brother asks me.

"No," I reply.

"You need to eat something," Apollo tells me.

"I can't keep anything in my stomach. Anything I eat I throw up," I tell him.

"Art-" Apollo starts and gets cut off by a knock on the door.

Apollo goes and answers it. I try to stand up and follow him, but I fall back on the couch.

My brother walks back in the living room with two people following him and I recognize them as...

"ATHENA, HERMES!" I exclaim in a raspy voice. Athena is our older sister and Hermes is our younger brother.

"Hey Artemis," Athena says.

"How are you doing?" Hermes asks.

"What are y'all doing here? We haven't seen y'all in forever!" I tell them.

"We heard that you got extremely sick and we thought we should come check on you," Athena says.

"After we haven't seen y'all for ten years and when I get sick is when y'all show up!" I exclaim.

"Look Artemis, we would have showed up sooner but things were complicated," Hermes tells me.

"Complicated? How?" Apollo asks.

Athena and Hermes look at each other.

"We found out that we were adopted and we wanted to meet our birth parents, so when we found out who they were, we went and met them," Athena tells us.

"Oh," I say. I start shivering from having a fever. Apollo gets me a blanket and wraps it around me.

"Artemis have you taken your medicine today?" Apollo asks; a stern look on his face.

"No," I mutter.

"Why?!" He asks.

"I forgot," I tell him.

"I'll go get it for you," he tells me and walks out of the living room, leaving me with Athena and Hermes.

"I've missed y'all," I tell them as tears flow down my cheeks. They sit on either side of me on the couch.

"Hey we're here now," Athena tells me.

Apollo comes back in with my medicine and I take it.

"Are y'all going to stay?" I ask; hopeful.

Athena and Hermes glance at Apollo and stay quiet. I get the feeling they're hiding something.

"What are y'all hiding?" I ask them.

"We're not hiding anything," Hermes says.

"Uh huh," I say; not believing him.

I yawn; tired.

The medicine and the cancer has made me extremely tired. I haven't been able to do a lot of things that I used to do.

I feel my eyes start to get heavy, and I start dozing off. I end up falling asleep on the couch.

A/N
Hey guys!! New chapter!! I hope y'all enjoy it!!