Sick Day Part 2

When I wake up, I notice it is dark outside and I'm on the couch. I hear talking in the kitchen so I get up, wrap a blanket around me, because it's cold, and walk to the kitchen. In the kitchen I see Apollo, Jake, and Zoë talking, so I hide behind the wall that separates the kitchen from the living room, so they won't see me.

"-I don't know she just started feeling sick last night," Apollo says.

"Maybe she-" I hear Zoë start but I don't get to hear what else she is saying because I rush to the bathroom and start throwing up.

A few minutes later, I finish throwing up and brush my teeth. When I finish I walk back to the living room and sit on the couch with the blanket and notice my brother, Jake, and Zoë are still in the kitchen.

After a few minutes they walk in and notice I have woken up.

"Hey Artemis, how are you feeling?" Zoë asks sitting down beside me.

"Horrible. My body is aching," I tell her.

Zoë puts her hand on my head to see if I have fever.

"You're burning up!" She says.

"Told you!" Apollo says.

I start getting a pounding headache. I put my hand on my head and grimace.

"Artemis are you ok?" Jake asks me.

"No I'm not ok. My head is pounding and I feel horrible," I groan.

"Are you hungry?" Zoë asks me.

I shake my head.

"Artemis you haven't ate anything all day," Apollo says; worried.

"I know but I'm just not hungry," I say and sit at the table.

"My stomach hurts, I feel bloated, and I feel nauseous," I tell them.

Apollo sits beside me.

Midnight
I wake up feeling nauseous and go to my bathroom and start puking blood. I feel someone gently pull my hair back and rub my back. When I finish I flush the toilet and sit against the wall.

"Artemis I think we should go to the hospital. You just puked blood," Apollo tells me.

"But-" I start but get cut off.

"Artemis I know you hate going to the hospital but you're not getting any better," he tells me. I nod and he helps me up and I brush my teeth and he goes to throw on some clothes.

I just leave my pajamas on and I grab my favorite blanket, my favorite stuffed animal; a husky, my phone and my phone charger. When Apollo is dressed he comes back to my room and picks me up, bridal style, and carries me to the car.

I fall asleep once I get in the car.