Double Trouble

When we separate from Zoë to go to first period, I have to go to my locker.

"Hey boys I gotta go to my locker real quick," I tell Apollo and Jake, and turn to run off.

"Ok, see you in History, sis," Apollo says.

"Bye, Artemis," Jake says, and him and Apollo walk on to first period.

As I am walking to my locker I see two people standing right in front of my locker.

"Hey please excuse me, y'all are standing right in front of my locker and I need to get to it," I say politely.

The people turn and I realize it's two of the boys from Apollo's group, I think their names are Allan and Jack, and they don't look happy to see me.

"Oh look who it is, the girl who got Leah suspended and got Grace, Ava, and Lily detention," Allan says.

"I wonder if she would like a little payback," Jack says. Payback what have I done to them?

"Payback for what?" I ask, backing up.

"For getting Leah suspended and getting Grace, Ava, and Lily in detention," Allan says.

"I didn't do anything to them, they should have known that beating someone up is going to get you in trouble, now please excuse me so I could get in my locker," I say, trying to push past them, but Jack grabs my hair and pulls me back and throws me into some lockers, and I groan in pain, falling to the floor.

"Aww come on get up and fight," Allan says laughing.

"Allan maybe she's just weak," Jack says.

I just lay there, completely vulnerable. Allan walks up to me and kicks me in the stomach.

"HEY LEAVE HER ALONE!!!" I hear my brother yell.

"OR DEAL WITH US!!" I hear another voice that sounds like Jake say.

I get help standing up, while I see my brother beating up Allan and Jack. Jake wraps his arm around my waist to help stable me, and Apollo walks over to us when he gets done with Allan and Jack.

"Artemis are you ok?" Apollo asks.

"Yea I'm fine," I groan.

"Next time how about me or Jake get your stuff for you or come with you," Apollo says, and I can see Jake nod his head.

"Greaaaat," I say rolling my eyes.

"Anyways what were y'all doing out of class," I ask.

"We didn't have anything to do, so Mr.Drake let us walk around," Jake says.

"And y'all decided to walk in this hallway?" I ask.

"Yep," Apollo says.

"How about we go sit outside," I say.

"Sounds good to me," Jake says. 

"Me too," Apollo says and we decide to go outside to the same picnic tables as earlier.