21, The Calm Before The Storm

Damiano

The harsh sunlight peering into the room forces me to open my eyes.

I slept from before noon until daylight? How?

How many tablets did I take?

Sitting up, I notice a piece of paper next to the bed. I didn't put that there?

Picking it up, I rub my eyes as I start to read it.

Damiano, by the time you've read this I'll be long gone.
I feel it's best for me right now to have some time after recent events to figure out if I really do want to continue to have you in my life.
I don't blame you for anything that's happened, not at all. I just need you to know that.
All I ask from you is that you don't try to find me. I have not gone home, but I am also not close.
If I decide to return, I hope you'll be waiting for me again.
Please, assure Thomas that I will be fine.
Until we meet again, my love.
I love you

Coraline

My heart drops to the floor and I feel it shatter into millions of pieces.

She's gone.

She just left.. without a goodbye.

Why didn't anyone try to stop her?

A quick scan of the room confirms that she really is gone.

Wow..just like that.

I fucked up so bad that she just left.

Without a goodbye.

Without saying when she'll be back. If she's even coming back.

What if this is the last straw.

What if this is how I was meant to break her. And break myself.

There's no way she could have planned this, Thomas wouldn't have let her leave.

Thomas.

My sadness quickly turns to anger as I march up the hall to his room, gripping the note.

It's only 7:24am so I don't expect him to be awake yet to even notice that she's gone.

Flinging open the door, I see him still sleeping.

"Wake the fuck up!" I scream, throwing a pillow at his head.

His body jolts, staring at me confused.

"Hmm, what? Where's Coraline?"

"She left in the middle of the night and you failed to stop her!" I yell into the room, pointing a finger at him as I chuck the note onto the bed.

"What?" He mumbles, still trying to wake up. Picking up the note, I watch as his eyes read each word, his face dropping as he sits up. "Fuck"

"You let her leave?! The whole purpose I made her be in here was so she couldn't leave. What did you say to her?!"

"Nothing, all I remember saying was that she needs to give you space alone! I would have never thought she'd take it literally or I wouldn't have said it"