42, New Beginnings

Coraline

When I wake up, it's barley daylight outside. Checking the clock, it's only 6:37am. I'd only managed to get a few hours sleep.

I hear Thomas's voice somewhere in the house, presumably talking on the phone.

God, I don't want to get up. But I need to be at my apartment in 6 hours.

Opening the bedroom door, I follow the conversation to downstairs where I find Thomas pacing between papers on the table and walking around the room.

He spots me halfway down the stairs and hurriedly hangs up the phone.

He doesn't look like he's slept at all. They would of only got back around 4am.

"Hey, I was about to come check on you"

I yawn and sit on the bottom step. "What happened last night?"

His mood seems relaxed rather than panicked, and I instantly feel all the worry in me disappear.

"He passed out near the end of the show. Luckily he didn't hit his head, but he was checked over and apparently he was just really dehydrated. He hasn't slept much lately either" he pauses, hearing a door shut upstairs somewhere. "Maybe it was just too much too soon"

I don't reply. I just nod.

"Mind if I go sleep for a few hours?" He yawns, pointing to the stairs.

"Yeah, I'll wake you up at half past 10 to get stuff loaded into the cars" I half smile and he mimics it before making his way up the stairs.

I sit on the stairs for another minute before sighing and starting towards the kitchen.

Sadly to my discovery, there's no coffee in the house.

This days going to suck.

Upon further discovery, there's no bread for toast or any cereals.

If I have this problem at my house, I think I'll just wither back to bed and call it a day.

I have no choice but to eat a protein bar and a cup of tea for breakfast.

After finishing my very crap breakfast, I pull myself into the loungeroom, climbing over the back of the couch and letting my body melt into it.

I wish I could lay on this couch all day.

A door opens upstairs, but I'm to distracted by my tiredness to care.

Damiano walks into my eyesight at the top of the stairs, and my body reluctantly forces itself up.

"Hey, you okay? Thomas called me about last night" I meet him at the bottom of the stairs and he pulls me in for a hug.

"Just dehydrated, I'm honestly fine" he kisses me on the head.

I watch him walk to the kitchen with a fan-girl gaze on my face. A wide grin crosses my face as I call out to him.

"There's no coffee"

He lets out a loud groan and I laugh at his disappointment, knowing I felt the same way just a few minutes ago.

"That's the last of it"

Thomas walks in the last of my furniture from the truck and I sigh at how many boxes I'm still yet to unpack.

Not to mention that I need to unpack and assemble every single piece of furniture. It's going to be a long night.

The only room that's completed is my music room. Luckily I had it sound proofed last week.

Thomas starts unboxing the kitchen appliances, putting them in cupboards and the kettle on the bench.

I separate the boxes into piles of what room they belong in and drag the box with my bed into the bedroom.

There's no way I'm sleeping on the floor tonight, this beds becoming top priority.

A couple hours later all the furniture is unpacked and assembled, just leaving the boxes of belongings and kitchen utensils left.

I flop down onto the couch and let myself soak in the feeling of finally having my own place. And a really comfortable couch.

A orange haze slowly sprinkles through the loungeroom with a warmth spreading over my face.

This is home.

And one I get to share with Damiano.

I don't expect everything to go completely smooth between Damiano and I while he's here, but I hope being alone together will help us sort out our relationship.

I really do want to forgive Damiano, and I feel spending time alone and learning to live together will help that.

Having my own space might help me get stuck into my music and work on an album. Of course I might have to venture to the studio with help from Vic, Ethan and Thomas from time to time, but I feel like this is a new beginning.

Everything is finally falling into place.

My transition from college straight into my dream job has been very fast paced and I've had no time to edit this story, let alone enjoy my free time. But I'm learning to juggle work and my social life, so I'm back to updating chapters now.