Facing The Music (Livona)

Picture of the kitchen on side --------------->

I woke up to Lissette's gentle voice.

"Liv, wake up." Groggily, I sat up to find Lissette on my bedside. Trevor and Shamos conversed quietly in the doorframe of the room. Sighing, I laid my head on her shoulder, an ache returning to the corners of my eyes. Losing control of a Vampire Soul and then forcing her back into check, had its collateral damage. I was still embarrassed about attacking Riley. It was worse when he asked if I was okay, as if he had attacked me. That was another reason we'd never last the year, he was too trusting. Riley couldn't possibly understand what it meant to have a Vampire Soul. He didn't know what we had to go through during our transition. We learned thatw erwolves expereinced discomfort with every shift, but it was different to call on your Vampire Soul. The transition feels like your body is being torn apart, and all you want is blood everywhere. We would never be able to fully understand one another. Lissette gently tugged the ends of my hair and I shifted so I stared up at ehr questioningly.

"What time is it?" Lissette slid out of my bed and waited for me to follow. Smiling sweetly, Lissette handed me my robe and a towel.

"It doesn't matter, I've run a bath for you and I went out hunting this morning so I can bring you a glass of blood if you'd like?" Slowly grasping the items, I smiled gratefully and replied quietly.

"You're the best Lissy." Shamos moved to take position outside my door and Lissette began moving down the hall with Trevor by her side.

"I'll be back soon." Then, Shamos bared his enck and I nodded regally.

"Thank you Shamos, you can clsoe the door now."

"Yes Luna." The door smoothly shut and I sighed tiredly, moving towards the bathroom. Swiftly, I peeled off my work out clothes and Riley's shirt from eysterday, slipping my tense body into the hot water. I sighed again as my taut muscles quivered against the relaxing sensation of the water. As I closed my eyes, I couldn't help as the memories of my transition began to plague me. I saw myself, eyes purely obsidian and burning, fangs bared with blood sticking to them warmly because of how savagely they forced their way through my gums, and my wrists were shackled. The manacles catching the dim moonlight and revealing the rawness of my skin, fueling the perpetual sting. My skin felt freezing because of my body heat dropping and the isolated stone blocks that chilled me thorugh my sweater and sweatpants. Static continued to buzz through my head. Tears had long since dried on my cheeks as I squirmed on the floor, my skin feeling as if it were about to tear. Every muscle bounced between feeling taut and cramping up.

"Daddy!" My voice was a pitiful croak and I tried to focus on anything besides the pain. I imagined my father setting me on his lap while he did paperwork in his office. I imagined my mom trying to teach me about all the plants in her garden. I imagined Aunt Genna slipping a piece of caramel to me even though mom said it would ruin my appetite. I imagined my grandma before they had to bring me down here, giving me a necklace with a pearl that shone like the moon. My eyes drifted to the one barred window in the room. The moon blanketed me kindly, strong and warm. I promised myself that I would live through this. I was the princess and I was more than the pain. A knock at the door caused me to jump, some of my bath water sloshing out.

"Liv?" Lissette's voice was muffled behind the door, and I blinked slowly for a moment, hearing my breath racing. I hadn't thought about my transition for years now. Taking a deep breath, I called out as smoothly as I could.

"Come in." The door squeaked open and then fell silent as Lissette closed it behind her, a large mug in her hand. I sank a little deeper into the bubbles so I was decently covered and smiled as Lissette shuffled to the side of the tub.