Walking the Husband (Livona)

I'm thinking about changing the cover... And possibly the title. What do you guys think? Anyways comment or vote or just some feedback in general would be fantastic. You guys are the best! XXX

Was it safe to say I'm crazy? I mean, who gets butterflies when a man they hate greets them and continues on to be a perv? No, they weren't butterflies, what am I thinning? I was simply queasy from hunger. Groaning as I rose from the bed, I closed my eyes and held a temple to steady my lightheaded, aching mind. This whole mate bond thing really takes its pound of flesh. I'd woken up with a feeling of something missing and everything came rushing back. Riley's blood was coursing through my blood and mine through his. The thought kick started my pseudo heart into a racing rhythm and I rolled my eyes at myself.

             "These mate hormones are getting old." Sighing softly, I made my way to the shower. Hunger gnawed on my stomach and I cringed slightly, knowing I hadn't eaten as much as I should've been. The extra stress wasn't helping. Still, since I drank that little bit of Riley 's blood my vampire soul had been unnaturally quiet. My memory gathered pictures of last night. His smile, as if I'd given him a gift after we kissed. The gentle way his hands moved over my skin, tempting and beckoning. Instead of the natural desire to be out hunting, running, or just being wild, I didn't even want to move. I was content. Then I'd woken up. Kalden was calling again, I heard my phone vibrating from across the room where I'd thrown it. More tears had fallen and I turned around, facing away from the phone. Riley's peaceful face laid before me and his hair was flattened against his temples. His lips were parted and I crinkled my nose in disgust to see a small drool spot on my pillow. Still I couldn't help but think he was cute in a boyish way. The way he'd kissed me, as if his life depended on it. The thought sent an openness and blooming in my chest. His hand slid up to his cheek and he sighed in his sleep, closing his mouth. Before I gave it much thought, I slipped my hand beneath his palm and curled my fingers around his. I smiled as his fingers gently squeezed mine, a quiet, lone snore escaping his mouth. His warmth contradicted my coldness and in that moment, I fell in love with the feeling. Even in his sleep, he'd made me feel better. Then I fell asleep holding his hand, basking in his warmth. Shutting off the water, I rubbed my eyes and wrapped myself into a towel. Although he made me feel better about Kalden, I still hated him for what we were forced into. I just wanted to stay home in my castle, with my parents, without worrying about mates and true mates. So I cried, I cried into my hands, never moving from my toilet. Finally I managed to stop, splashing more water on my face to contradict the puffiness. Even after the shower, I still felt like a zombie. At some point, Lissette had come to wake me up, but was surprised to find me just finishing getting dressed.

                 "Wow you're up," She looked me up and down before smiling coyly, "And you look hot." Studying my appearance, I didn't really see what she was talking about. My hair was almost dry, but I'd only combed it through once, and since I was feeling lazy, I'd just pulled on a white sundress with lacy flats. It was comfortable and easy.

                 "If you say so Lissy." Giggling, Lissette gestured for me to follow her out.

                 "So tell me all about it." Smiling in amusement, I noted her giddy expression as we lazily strode through the hall and down the stairs.

                  "I'm assuming you mean the blood bonding and such?" Tossing me an incredulous glance before throwing her hands in the air.

                  "Duh!" Chuckling, I avoided meeting her searching gaze, knowing I was blushing again at the memory.

                  "Well it was intense..."