Rough Beginnings (Riley)

here's a picture of Shamos/Trevor. They're almost always together. ------------->

For the most part, I think it was safe to say that she didn't know she had her hand underneath my shirt, tracing small patterns on my skin. Stil, I let her lay on my chest, content to hold her for as log as she allowed. There wasn't a doubt in my mind that she was thinking about that scum, ex-boyfriend of hers. Her chilly palm rested over my heart, which quickened for her. Glancing down, I realized she didn't want to talk, I'd only huffed. One day she'd want to tell me everything. Until then, I can handle simply sitting there. My mind drifted to the encounter with Monica. Monica was one of my oldest friends and I had become used to her childish ways. There had been many days when I was flattered by her extreme excitement whenever I came back form trips. It was one of the things that really helped me come back from Alpha Training. Even when she accidently jumped on my wounds I had to redress every night for almost a month, I just gritted my teeth. She was happy, and that didn't happen for her a lot. However, I felt extremely embarrassed when she had tackled me. It obviously pissed off Livona and things like that always would because of the mate bond she continued to ignore. Still, smelling my mate's jealousy was so enticing it took all my willpower not to mark her. Why I had that urge was beyond me. It would kill her and that was the last thing I wanted. But even the thought of her fangs sinking into my skin was enough to get me hot and bothered. It made no sense. Despite the confusion, I continued to smooth her silky hair. I could lay here with her forever. I thought of our days to come, when we'd lay in bed all morning just whispering and touching, exploring and loving. She would grin at me after I told her something sweet and I wouldn't be able to resist smiling back. Sadly, she wasn't to that point yet, it'd only been a night. That made me wonder how long it would take for her Vampire Soul to recognize me as her mate. My wolf recognized her almost immediately. I realized after the blood bonding. Surely it couldn't be more than the year she promised me. Out of nowhere, she bounced to her feet and it was in that moment I realized there was someone knocking. Sitting up, I watched Liv answer the door and she smiled upon seeing Lissette. Returning her smile, Lissette waved briefly at me and I nodded back. Her voice was still soft, but I listened as she spoke to Liv.

"Leah said you'd be in here. I need your help for a minute, if that's okay Alpha?" She turned to me for the last part and I shrugged before lying back against my headboard.

"It's no problem, I'll be here." Livona smiled and I couldn't fight my own to return. She waved and I sighed quietly as the door clicked behind them. The room felt quieter without her in here and I instantly disliked it. It also seemed darker. Glancing around one last time, I stood and moved towards my closet. I needed to make room for Livona's stuff. From the looks of it, she'd have a decent amount in here soon enough. All I had to do was shove the few clothes I hung up to the back of the closet and ease my shoes to the side. There were really only a few things in here. Turning back, I frowned at the array of my room. It was embarrassing for Livona to see it even a little dirty. Quickly, I tidied everything up and then just started to attack my dresser drawers when another knock sounded at my door. Yanking it open, I stared across at Connor questioningly. We didn't travel to each other's rooms often.

        "Yes Connor?" He opened his mouth to speak when two girlish screams echoed throughout the halls. Without hesitation, Connor and I bolted towards  the continuing screams and I called out to Livona in my head.

        "Livona, what's happening?" Her panicked voice vibrated thorugh my mind.

        "Lissette and I are being chased by two, giant freaking wolves!" Instantly I shifted and sniffed for Lissette and Livona, my heart in my throat. If whoever these wolves were so much as pulled out a hair, I'd tear their canines out myself. Connor shifted and easily matched my pace, running beside me with determination behind his eyes. Somewhere int he distance, I heard a wolf's snarl and I felt panic arise in me. We were close, but maybe not close enough. My wolf was panicking more than I was as our muslces bunched, pumping my legs faster, closer to Livona. I began to worry that she might get bitten. The poison from werewolf fangs ws deadly to her system, I'd never be able to see her look at me again, she'd never make a snarky remark at me again. My heart wrenched int itself further. I was scared for her, I was scared at the idea of how much she impacted me within today. Connor was behind me now just as another scream paired with a threatening hiss. We rounded the corner to see Lissette and Livona shoved into a corner. Both girls were shaking, but Livona hissed again, shoving Lissette behind her. If she wasn't about to be ripped apart by two of my best friends, I'd be proud. I leapt in front of Trevor's black wolf, who was closest to Livona and snarled commandingy. Connor had tackled Shamos's grey wolf when she lunged towards Lissette.  Trevor's voice growled in my head as Livoan stiffened behind me.