Too Much Talking (Riley)

Picture of Riley's wolf on side - - - - - - - - >

What did I want? Hmm, what did I want? Her? Nah. Although, I'll admit that I wasn't fond of her ex-boyfriend calling. Frowning at the years on my fingers, I mumbled an explanation.

              "My father wanted me to check on you. We all thought you looked a little nauseous." That and I was a little worried about her myself, but let's keep that to ourselves. Obviously she was angry and I could understand why, but I still had to hold back laughter when her eye began to twitch. Releasing a mini scream, her tiny hands were balled tightly into furious fists as her tight-lipped expression sent waves of hatred towards me. In a whispered yell, Livona's eyes narrowed and her slender pointer finger cane within inches of my blank face.

            "Okay I realize you want to try, but if you want to make me like you then you need to back up and learn some boundaries." My own temper began to rise as I growled through clenched teeth.

             "First of all, there are never boundaries between mates. Second, you're lucky I'm not going to hunt down that coward for trying to run away with you. Third, you. Are. Mine." By the end of my sentence, my wolf was pushing out. I recognized the prickling behind my eyes as the process of changing to their golden amber form, while my chest rumbled animalistically. Eyes still narrowed, Livona hissed loudly.

              "You don't own me yet mutt." Then she whipped around to stomp away. Before a logical thought entered my mind, I curled my hands around her wrists and pulled her into my chest. Her chest heaved rapidly against mine, eyes wide and staring at my shoulders. Slowly releasing her wrists, I gently grasped her shoulders and eased her towards the wall. The only sound was her shaking breaths and her sharp gasp when her back finally met the stone wall. Sliding her hands over my chest, I clenched my jaw to contain my rage and focused on the tingling surfing over my skin, fading from the initial shocks. Her muscles were tight while her eyes remained downcast. Firmly, I tilted her chin so her adamant eyes met mine. Letting my free hand curl to the small of her back, I stooped to allow my nose to nuzzle her throat. Body shivering, Livona immediately tried to jerk away from me. Closing my eyes, I guaranteed they were completely golden now. The wolf was in control now and I couldn't find any reason to reign him back in. She may ad well get used to him. Animalistic possessiveness and all. Opening my eyes, I only observed my wolf carefully. Skimming my lips across her jaw, my wolf practically purred as we listened to her ragged breaths, those wide eyes locked with our golden ones. A growl rumbled in the back of my throat as my voice responded with a deeper and more gravelly tone.

            "Never were anybody else's." Grammar isn't the wolf's thing, but I caught his meaning and as Livona's mouth dropped, I reigned him in quickly. Slowly, my eyes stopped pickling as they faded back to brown and I told myself to step away. I wanted to leave even, yet I remained frozen beside her. My arms clinging to the on edge vampire. Her cool skin never heated under my warm palms and I resisted the urge to rub warmth into her. Her eyes were downcast once more and her lips tilted downward. Was it something I did? Or just my general presence? There was no doubt in my mind that she hated me, but had her hatred grown? Why did that make my insides whine? A large part of me still burned with hatred for her. I didn't want to marry her, the thought made me want to sneer. She wasn't good for ruling. We'll teach her. My wolf grumbled moodily. I almost rolled my eyes at his stubbornness. Fury ground inside my chest and I wasn't sure what it was directed at anymore. After what seemed like an eternity, I dropped my hands to my sides and opened my mouth to speak as her eyes fell further downcast. I resisted the urge to lift her face towards mine. She was still breathing hard and I heard her racing false pulse in the close proximity. Even my own heart was sprinting like it did after miles upon miles of running, my blood was hotter than normal, and my wolf urged me to claim this woman in every way we knew. But I wouldn't. This woman wasn't mine to do those things to. Especially in an unwarranted jealous rage. Despite my wolf's fascination, she wasn't my mate; at least not the one I needed. Livona was not my true mate. For some reason that hurt. That's why I needed to out distance between us. Stepping away a little, I found myself studying how she continued to remain silent and refused to look at me. Confused and frustrated, I ground my teeth together as I suppressed a growl.