He stole my dinner! (Livona)

This story has 2 POVs, Livona's and Riley's...they alternate         
Picture of Livona on side------>       

             "Mom these shoes hurt." I leaned towards my mother, who was sitting on her throne with perfect posture, to whisper in her ear. My father's throne was on her other side and he was listening intently to his Council.

                 "Well it's not proper to be barefoot in the throne room. Perhaps if you wore shoes once in awhile you would find them more suitable Livona." Rolling my eyes, I shifted to lay back against my smaller throne. Hiding behind my long, dark hair; I tried to focus on why this meeting required my presence. Fidgeting in my uncomfortable evening gown, I subtly slipped off the ugly shoes. One of the old geezers called some emergency meeting over the Clan's land loss to humans. Personally I believe we should just flash our fangs and the humans would go running. But no, that's much too dangerous and completely improper. You see, the issue is we must keep out dirty, little secret exactly that, a secret. Of course, this was part of the smelly dogs' deal and that's the only thing stopping my father from agreeing with me. Just for future reference,  werewolves are moody, bossy, killjoys that need to stop worrying about going furry every once in awhile. Sadly, we've made these dogs our allies and that's why we remain proper. I must understand this because one day I will be Queen, Queen of the Vampire Clans. That piece of information is constantly drilled into my head by my mother. Anyways, back to the emergency meeting. I focused my eyes on Bartholomew,  the old geezer that called this meeting. His Einsteinlike hair was pretty distracting as his dull,  cow eyes scanned the room as his flat voice droned on.

                       "You see your Majesties, our people being driven away in fear that they will be identified." Now a century old Vampire named Gertrude, appeared vaguely confused. She was new to the Council after Father found her wandering the Barrens. A land where no one wants to find themselves.  It has nothing but tricky thieves and murderers. Turning her eyes, she bowed to my Father, a request to speak. Glancing at my Father, I studied his expression. He didn't look a day over 30, as most male Vampires. I resembled him exactly. We both had dark hair and curious silver eyes. While my mom has blonde hair and piercing hazel eyes. I'm of average height like my mother. Although, I do have my mother's button nose and some freckles across my nose. But I have my father's free spirit.  Nodding, my father waited silently for Gertrude to begin her statement.

                      "Your Majesty, why can't we simply feed on the humans who continue to prey on our kindness and restraint?" Tensing at the woman's brave suggestion, I watched Father's silver eyes flare with disagreement. His bellowing voice boomed throughout the hall.

                        "No! Now I realize you're still new but there's laws we must adhere to and I'll be damned if-" He was cut off by a loud burst of the song "Lips of an Angel". Blushing as everyone turned to stare at me, I funblrd to retrieve my cell phone from the bodice of my dress and silence it.

                      "Sorry I thought I shut this off." Mother's hazel eyes turned to sternly glare at mr and I smiled sheepishly. Sighing impatiently, Mother kept her voice calm yet firm, her Queen tone.

                           "Who is it Dear?" Checking my missed calls, I bit back a smile as I read my boyfriend Kalden's name at the top. Turning to my parents, I noticed their knowing expressions. My mother's disapproving frown added color to her typically pale skin, framed by her honey curls. My fayher however, had an amused grin in his wise eyes. Mother whispered with a forced smile.

                   "Livona, I don't think-"

                   "Bethany it's fine. She's been bored long enough." It didn't help my case that Mother hates Kalden. Glancing back at Father helplessly, I was relieved to see that he had a determined glint in his eyes.