On Our Way (Riley)

I changed the cover, what do you guys think? :-D I thought it was adorable.
Oh and there's a really cute bassinet (that you'll understand later in this chapter) on the side here - - - - - - - >

I'd give anything to see her keep smiling at me like that. Livona's eyes were sparkling as she glanced between the ring and me. I couldn't stop the smile that invaded my face as a wav of fondness crashed over me. Interlacing our hands, I almost laughed at how our rings seemed to complete a scene. My wolf was howling, pining for his moon. Livona's voice was excited as the lively silver stars fell back onto my parents.

        "I don't know how to thank you enough." Mom beamed ecstatically and gripped Dad's arms tightly.

        "We just wanted you guys to have lovely wedding rings. We're so glad you like them." I never dropped Livona's hand as I moved to hug my parents. Apparently they didn't want to take turns because they both yanked me towards them. Livona awkwardly hung back, trying to tug her hand out of mine. My parents squeezed me tighter and I smiled with a mischieveious thought. Then I yanked her towards us, making her stumble straight into the middle of our hug. She squeaked in uncomfortable surprise as we all grinned and squeezed against her. Wolves were a touchy bunch and she'd have to get used to it. Mom giggled as Livona wigged and dad "accidently" bumped her so she only squished herself further against me. I grinned and slid my arms so that they fell from my parents' shoulders to trap her against my chest. Huffing in agitation, Livona glanced up at me with an adorable pout. I glanced up at Mom and Dad, who had backed up, beaming at us happily. They had so much hope and I knew it was only because they had to. I was tempted to tell them that she was my true mate, that my wolf had recognized her despite the odds against us. Perhaps this was exactly how Fate had intended it to be, keeping her creatures safe through its leaders. Still, I was just honored that the goddess picked me for Livona. Her body rigidly pressed agaisnt my body and she craned her head to peer over my arms. Burying my nose in her messy hair, I whispered in Livona's ear.

        "I think they're almost happier than me right now." She snorted and pushed against me, raising a brow at me before turning to my parents with a polite smile.

        "Tell me, is he always as big a handful as he's been acting?" They both laughed heartily and Dad boomed teasingly.

        "Just wait until you see him after a day of work. You'll be wishing he was joking around."

        "Yes, he's so serious and absolutely no fun." Mom drawled, leaning into Dad and winking at Livona.

        "Hey!" I childishly whined and pressed her back against me, "I'm not that bad!" My parents rolled their eyes, unconvinced and replied simultaneously.

        "Okay Son." Huffing exsasperatedly, I released Liv and began moving backwards towards the moving trucks. Livona frowned and my wolf squirmed to return to her, but I continued forward, speaking jokingly.

        "I'm going to be over here where people seem to like me." The three laughed and my parents began conversing with my little mate. She nodded slightly, and smiled before replying softly. I noticed she had pulled her shawl even tighter against herself and knew that she was cold without my body against hers. I smiled to myself and turned towards the moving truck. As I approached, the wolves from my pack bared their necks, halting in their progress. I recognized one as my dad's Delta and one of best friend's father. The other was one of his golfing buddies and I nodded to them like my father taught me.

        "You guys need any help?" They straightened out and laughed. My dad's Delta spoke up, his graying curls shadowing his green eyes.

        "Eager to get back home Alpha?" I grinned and hefted up the nearest box, carrying it onto the truck.