Blood, Hormones, and Telepathic Conversations (Riley)

When I was little, a werewolf from the old wars came to talk in school and he'd told us that vampire blood always tasted stagnant and sour. And yet as I guzzled the insanely small amount of Livona 's blood, I was pleasantly surprised to say he was very wrong. Her blood was absolutely delectable and I found myself licking my lips as emotions raced through me. It wasn't quite sour, but a tangy tartness and the after taste was sweet and silky. I'd been watching her as her silver eyes gleamed like a satisfied predator, but I saw longing for more as her tongue slowly ran over her lips. Eyes darting to mine, Livona 's features danced with awe and passion. Voice husky, Livona eyed me through her lashes.

             "You taste like rainbows." Laughing deeply, I grabbed her hand and easily coaxed her into my lap, an unavoidable compulsion for her nearness.

              "That's not at all unmanning." Smiling up at me, Livona 's chuckle was sultry and sent my blood burning hotter than the sun.

               "It's not, rainbows are freaking delicious." Seeing a smudge of my blood on the corner of her mouth pulled a possessive rumble from my chest and I heard her pulse pick up. Instead of smelling fear, Livona oozed of excitement and it did me in.

              "I'm going to kiss you." And then, before she could accept or deny, my lips crashed onto hers. The contact produced what felt like a lightning bolt to my heart and I knew Livona felt it too because she pulled away for a moment and gasped. Closing my eyes, I wrapped her into my arms and mumbled distractedly over her full lips.

               "I'm sorry, you'll get used to it, I promise." But then she squirmed and shoved me with substantial force, sending me onto my back. Frowning, I studied her turned away form. The moonlight showed the sheer gown and the prickling of my eyes turning golden fought back with a vengeance. Her eyes suddenly whipped to meet mine as hunger and passion darkened them. Smiling, Livona held herself over me and I mimicked the smile as possessiveness swirled through her eyes. Straddling my stomach, Livona bent to allow her lips to brush against mine. Acting as a veil to hide us from the world, Livona 's hair tickled the sides of my face and shoulders as her gentle voice whispered against the corner of my impatient lips.

           "Don't be sorry." Then she vigorously kissed me, her cold palms flattened on my burning chest. The lightning to my heart struck again, but I welcomed it with an animalistic groan. Livona 's toes were pressed against my thighs and I smirked against her lips as her toes curled. Bringing her even closer to me, the passion pouring off of us was almost surreal. Shifting, Livona suddenly froze and pulled away, as if lost in thought. Curious of her abrupt halt, I groaned as her Butt wiggled over my attentive member.

             "I wouldn't do that Livona." Jumping up, Livona was very pale as she frowned at me in panic.

             "You've got to fix... That," She pointed to my member with suddenly ruddy cheeks and I smiled as she continued, "by yourself. Whoa, how did we even get in this situation?!" Propping myself up on a shoulder, I contentedly watched her once and replied frankly.

             "I told you the blood bonding increases hormones a little." Halting, Livona pursed her lips in annoyance and gestured to my groin without taking her eyes from my face.

              "That was rhetorical and there's nothing little about that. I mean-," She sighed and closed her eyes, holding the bridge of her nose. "That came out wrong." Chuckling, I stood and instinctively held her wrists, placing a gentle, lingering kiss on her lips. Pressing my forehead against hers, I peered into her now peaceful eyes.

              "Calm down. I understand okay? You go to bed and I'll join you after a shower." Then I stepped away, releasing my hold on her. Pointing a stern finger at me then at a door, just beyond the bed and parallel  to the closet, Livona 's voice was firm.