Give Me A Break (Livona)

Riley hadn't spoken to me since wekissed. I don't even know why it mattered because I shouldn't have let him kissme again. It just boosted his confidence, which shouldn't be as high as italready is. It was the next day, about mid afternoon and Lissette was walkingme towards the training grounds. Training started in about fifteen minutes, butI dragged my feet on our way to the south side of the house. Shamos shuffledwith just about as much enthusiasm as I had at a small distance behind us. Trevorhad excused himself to rest for a few hours before he was bound to boundaryduty. Shamos had apparently been ordered this morning to make sure I showed upto training and he still seemed reluctant to fulfill his self-appointedposition. By this I mean he rarely said anything to me and he continuouslyportrayed the common signs of boredom. Then again, it wasn't like I was exactlyengaging him either. Lissette's face was turned towards the sunlight and shesmiled contentedly. Glancing behind us, I offered Shamos a brief smile andcalled out slowly.

"How are you todayShamos?" He turned to me, suddenly solemn and blinked a few times beforeanswering, tilting his head slightly to the side and clasping his wrists behindhis back.

"Fine, thank you for askingLuna." I sighed and nodded, not sure what I had expected. We rounded thelast corner of the house in silence and my eyes immediately noticed all thewolves warming up and having friendly conversations. Ryan and Anthony waved tome from where they sat on the ground, stretching each other out. I smiled andwaved back, watching as they turned away, Ryan pulling Anthony until her backhit the ground. Anthony groaned, face to the grass, and I approached them withamusement. Ryan laughed and began moving forward again so he could straightenhimself out. They glanced at me as I stood off to the side and Anthonyaddressed me as Ryan gracefully stretched with no noise to the grass.

"Afternoon Luna, come to trytraining again?" A flash of my arm around Riley's throat flickered throughmy eyes and my throat swelled to the width of a needle. I blinked slowly andthen offered a small smile, glancing at Lissette standing silently beside me.

            "Uhyes, Anthony, Ryan this is my best friend Lissette. Lissette, these are Riley'sfriends Anthony and Ryan." Lissette waved politely as Ryan and Anthony rose totheir feet. Anthony groaned and then stretched before winking at Lissette.Lissette blushed and turned her eyes to Ryan, whom held out a hand for her toshake with the smirk that seemed to commonly adorn her face. Lissette leanedforward to offer her hand and Ryan shook it heartily.

            "Niceto meet you both." When the two retracted hands, Anthony offered his own handwith a flourish.

            "Thepleasure is ours." Then Anthony pressed his lips to the back of her hand andLissette jerked back her hand quickly. Wiping the skin where his lips had been,Lissette watched him in surprise.

            "Thankyou for the uh welcome." Ryan rolled her eyes and tugged Anthony back by theback of his shirt. He chuckled and wrapped an arm around Ryan before kissingthe top of her head.

            "Anytime." I smirked and was about to speak when Connor popped up on the free sideof Anthony, glaring at him sharply. Connor growled before moving to Lissette'sside and smirking arrogantly.

            "AfternoonBaby girl." Lissette frowned and leaned closer to me before ignoring Connorcompletely. I noticed Ryan and Anthony exchange a brief look before turningtheir eyes back to Connor in confusion. Connor sighed in annoyance beforeturning to me with a friendly smile.

            "Howis my favorite sister-in-law doing today?" I smirked and crossed my arms overmy chest.

            "I'mdoing alright, have you seen your brother?" Shrugging, Connor's eyes then movedbeyond me and he smiled widely.