Princess Laura? Oh Livona (Riley)

Picture of Riley on side----->

All these 2 vampires could do was stare and frankly it was just as annoying as it was rude. I had to resist the urge to growl impatiently. But being a good boy, I reigned in my anxious wolf. I kept a smile on my face, reminding myself that Vampires are our allies. Although the longer I held the female's gaze, the more I felt my wolf relax. Usually he'd feel threatened near a Vampire but maybe it's because she was a woman. Her silvery eyes were lively and steely as she zeroed a narrow gaze on me. The way her long, charcoal hair snuck out of her braid brought a genuine smile to my face. They must've been really after that elk. She cocked her head at me and I noticed she was about a foot shorter than me. Smiling more stiffly again, I kept an eye on her as the male Vampire stepped forward and placed a hand on her hip. Almost immediately she leaned against his chest and it was obvious they wers a couple, but her eyes never wavered from mine.

                "So do you have names friends?" Finally she stepped away with a forced smile. It lifted the apples of her cheeks and gave me the opportunity to see freckles splayed across her nose and cheekbones. Her feet were bare and moved lightly around me before her soft voice ejected itself strongly.

                  "My name is Laura and this is my boyfriend Kyle." Laura? It didn't suit such a graceful creature. Laura was too ordinary of a name. The boyfriend on the other hand smelled like a wimp and deserved such a boring name. Nonetheless I made sure to smile wider and bowed low.

                    "It's an honor to meet you both." Her face showed a bit of nauseousness and a scoff came from her boyfriend. Yet again I had suppress the urge to growl. For future reference Vampires are irresponsible, disrespectful, killers that only think with their Vampire souls. And to think, tonight I have to endure a formal dinner about our treaty with a whole famile of Vampires. Kill me now. Malcolm finally stood and trotted over to nudge my leh. Glancing down, he used his furry head to gesture that we had to keep going. Nodding, I returned my line of vision to the Vampires.

                "I'm sorry, we must be going."

                "Goodbye." Her reply was curt but I ignored it and turned to my parents, brother, and two pack mates. My father met my eyes with his matching brown ones and nodded, his shaggy grey hair shifting with the movement.  He stood beside my mother, his muscular stature making my mother appear extremely petite. They were still in shape from the old wars and we had to remain so in case the treaty between us was broken. She smiled at me, her blue eyes twinkling with pride as she also nodded, her brown curls pinned out of her face. They were finally recognizing my ability to become Alpha. As soon as I found a mate, I'd become Alpha. My smile grew and I shifted my eyes to my younger brother who was paying no attention and flirting with Tammi, Malcolm's mate. Connor was harmless but a huge flirt. He had mother's blue eyes and her brown curls. Malcolm growled and trotted over to stand between them. Tammi smiled and crouched down to stroke Malcolm's fur. Placing a kiss on his forehead,  Tammi's green eyes met Malcolm's goldeb ones with adoration. Malcolm's response was to shove in snout into her straight blonde hair and inhale her scent. The mate bond still baffled me and I wanted it someday. But I'm a patient man and cohld wait for her, I've waited for her for 24 years already. Returning to reality, I cleared my throat and noticed the Vampires had run off. Good riddance. Smiling at my fellow wolves, I spoke up.

                    "Well let's go get this silly dinner over with and try not to start a war." Everyone laughed but only to prevent adding more tension. We really would need tread carefully in order to avoid more wars. Werewolves had made too much progress in protecting humans from Vampires and preserving our species to let it all fail now. After all, Werwolves could be civil for a few hours. Steadily, we all began moving towards Vampire Castle. Mom and Dad wouldn't tell Connor and I what we were discussing about the treaty tonight but I was excited to be included. Now I was just one step closer to being able to try and live up to my dad's legacy as Alpha. Dad was kind but firm with all his wolves. The pack's well-being always came first. Connor's voice pulled me from my thoughts.