XLIX.

We were laughing at the twin's antics in the living room when Jasmine and Erik barged into the room

"We need to leave," Erik barked. "Get to the panic room. The FBI just came through the gate. Jasmine, help get the girls to safety. I need to make sure everything is fried." Erik ran to another part of the house as Jasmine ushered us out, calling for John.

The twins' happy demeanor vanished, showing a manic glow I hadn't seen before. Julian took out one of his knives and Josh picked Maria up bridal-style so we could move quickly.

Fear gripped my heart as we heard a loud boom. The hallway shook from the impact. I barely muffled my scream.

"They blew their way in. Out the door!" Julian shouted.

"Wait! John's in the other room. Take Maria and Rosie, they're priority. Go!" Jasmine ordered and ran down the hall.

Julian cursed as he looked at us.

"I'll hold them off long enough so you have a head start."

Josh didn't hesitate as he took Maria and me away.

"Wait! We can't leave him!" Maria argued over the chaos.

"I trust my twin to know what he's doing. We need all the time we can get. We are a mile away. Less arguing, more moving, ma'am!" Josh encouraged me as we made it outside.

Suddenly the electrical wires shorted out everywhere, causing a fire. The staff flooded out of the emergency exits.

"What the hell?" I cried out as we made it to the trees on the side of the property.

"Erik– he's destroying any evidence. Protocol is that Erik runs with the information until it's safe or gets a signal to come back."

I panted as Josh smoothly wove through trees. I kept talking to hold back my anxiety.

"How is the FBI able to raid the place?"

"Benson. The bastard is probably dancing, but the question is how he was able to get away with it. Almost there."

Maria was silent, trying to stay calm as she had her arms protectively around her stomach.

We finally made it to a collection of trees, going to one with a large stone next to it. Josh gently placed Maria down as he pressed a hidden button on the trunk of the tree. The stone moved aside, creating an opening big enough for us to go down some stairs.

"Follow me. I need to put the code in." Josh instructed seriously. He went down the steps as Maria whirled toward me, eyes wide. I squeezed her hand in comfort, knowing she needed a sense of safety.

"Don't worry. I'm sure the guys are on their way now. How about we get inside and I'll make you some tea?" I said soothingly.

Maria nodded mutely, which was completely unlike her. I was sure she would've had a different reaction if she didn't have an unborn child to consider in this dire situation. This was all completely out of her control, something that Maria absolutely despised. Maria went down the steps, straightening her back to feel a sense of confidence.