LIV.

I winced as Josh picked me up and out of the car

We were on a different property, no houses seen for miles. Josh walked us toward a large mansion. It wasn't as large as the one back home, but it was magnificent. Still, being in a place I couldn't recognize made me uneasy.

Josh gently rocked me to comfort me as he kept walking.

"It's another space we own. Since the property was compromised, we had to be relocated here. You're safe, don't worry." Josh murmured.

I looked behind me to find Jasmine wincing as she walked, her heels long gone and her feet injured from running barefoot. Julian quickly picked her up as well.

A few security guards that I recognized were waiting at the door. Being around more familiar faces made me relax as they let us in. I also saw Marco as well, who was busy ordering people around. I gave him a brief wave, giving him a weak thumbs up when he looked concerned at my appearance.

The twins seemed to know where they were going, taking different turns until we were in a large bedroom. I was placed gently on the king-sized bed and Jasmine soon joined me. The twins stood in front of us with guilty expressions.

"There's a medic wing, but we need it for the people that went on the mission. We also thought you would want some privacy. A doctor is coming in soon, but you need to clean up first." Julian said.

"Don't worry, ma'am, you will be okay." Josh added seriously.

The twins were both covered in blood, though I didn't see any cuts on them. I glossed over the reason Josh and Julian looked like they just walked off a horror movie set.

I warily examined both of them, not used to such expressions on their faces. Then it hit me.

"What happened wasn't your fault. If anything, I should be thanking you for getting me out of there." I grabbed both their hands and squeezed them.

The twins still seemed to be unsure when the door slammed open. Julian and Josh quickly aimed their guns at the door when I heard a scoff.

"Lower your weapons, it's just me. Now get the hell out of my way."

My eyes teared up as Maria rushed toward us, shoving the twins out of the way so she could hug Jasmine and me.

"Oh thank fucking goodness, you're both alive. If you ever put me through that again, I will beat you both with steel poles and then shove them up your asses," Maria sniffled.

I clung to her, needing her familiar warmth and fiery attitude. Maria pulled back and began to fret over our injuries.

"Let's get to the bathroom and clean you up. Jasmine, we're going to have to be careful with your feet."

"Rosaline shows some signs of a concussion, but she isn't struggling to stay awake and only has a small bump on her head." Josh piped up. "We'll help you get to the bathroom and let you guys have privacy. You both are covered in red."