Epilogue

One year later

One year later...

"Oh my. It's here! IT'S HERE!" I squealed to myself, grabbing the white envelope from the person who handled our mail before dashing through the gates.

Some of the guards grunted as I pushed them aside.

"Sorry!" I exclaimed as I rushed to the front doors.

The property was fixed about six months ago, all the damage repaired, and Erik had set up new software and security measures. It was a relief to finally be back.

I stumbled to a stop when Marco and John, who were on patrol duty, stepped in front of me.

After a couple months, John was completely healed, even though he had a couple of new scars. John had also helped Erik with upping the security, paranoid that the FBI or another enemy would strike the property again.

I waved to Marco before looking at John.

"John, have you seen Damon?" I called out.

John shook his head. "Sorry, kid. He may still be out for a meeting. I'll let you know when I see him. Have you been practicing your drills for tomorrow?"

John was serious when he said that he would be teaching me self-defense. The first few weeks were the worst; my muscles were always sore and aching. While I had been dancing with Jasmine for months, it was completely different blocking punches and kicks instead of spinning and climbing on a pole.

"Yes, but you're still going to kick my butt. I'll see you later." I said to him, making John smile.

It made me happy that John was smiling more in the last few weeks. We had gotten closer due to the lessons and had the opportunity to talk to each other, mostly about our families that had passed away. It felt nice remembering the good times with someone who dealt with the same grief and troubles. It made us both lighter in my opinion.

I continued jogging, entering the house. I spun around like a madwoman trying to spot Damon. Sighing, I clenched my envelope and went into the main kitchen. I perked up when I heard laughter and then a crash.

I peeked through the doorway to find Julian wrestling Josh on the tile. Jasmine shook her head in amusement as she took a sip of her wine, casually sitting on top of the counter.

I ignored the twins, completely used to their antics, and went to Jasmine.

"Hey, Jas, do you know if Damon got out of his meeting yet? I finally got it!" I waved the envelope in her face and Jasmine beamed.

"Oh my goodness, Rosie! Did you find out the results yet?" Jasmine asked.

I shook my head rapidly. "No, I'm too nervous. I want to do it with Damon."

Jasmine opened her mouth to speak only to be interrupted by a bottle shattered on the floor. Jasmine's lips tightened before she let out a shrill whistle. Both men instantly froze.