LII.

I watched in horror as one of the Men in Black punched Jasmine in the stomach, making her curl over with a grunt

I called out her name before gasping when the other man jerked my hair, bringing my head back roughly.

"Be quiet and watch, or I will make it worse for you." he growled as I tried to squirm away from his hold. My scalp hurt from the hair-pulling and I held back a whimper from when Jasmine received another slap.

Jasmine shook her head before giving her assaulter a warning look.

"Do that again and you'll regret it," Jasmine warned. "Last chance."

The man chuckled before slapping her again with more force. Jasmine's head jerked from the impact before she spat out some blood.

"You have no control here. Maybe I should move on to the other one?" The man gestured to the one holding me, who pulled my hair tighter, exposing my neck.

"You won't dare touch her." Jasmine snarled.

"Oh, yeah?" the evil man said, crouching so he was only inches from Jasmine's face. "And who's going to stop me? You, a lawyer in an evening gown and high heels? Are you going to fine or sue me?" The man laughed and the one holding me chuckled as well.

Jasmine gave the man a faux sweet smile.

"You underestimate a woman with the right motives. Besides–" She was cut off by a sudden beep, and her smile widened even more as the man looked around in confusion at the noise. "I'm more than just a lawyer."

With one stiletto heel, Jasmine stomped on the man's foot before throwing her leg up. I watched in amazement as the kick hit the man in the throat.

The man went down as Jasmine moved her arms frantically. Her arms suddenly came free and the broken bindings fell to the floor.

The man holding me captive released my hair to charge Jasmine, pulling out a knife. Jasmine quickly grabbed her chair to block his advances.

I struggled to get free as Jasmine fought against the man. I tried to stand, carrying the chair on my back, wondering how the heck I could be helpful when Jasmine was doing well on her own.

Jasmine used her impromptu weapon to hit the man's hand, making him drop the knife. She kneed him in the stomach before whacking him in the face, causing him to fall with a thud.

My eyes widened as the man Jasmine kicked stood up, coming up behind her when she was distracted. Not thinking, I charged, making sure that he hit the chair first. I heard a grunt and a crack when I made contact. I lost my momentum and fell to the side with a thump. I had no way to catch myself, and my left arm radiated pain.

Ignoring it, I sighed in relief when I found the man I'd stampeded was out cold.

"Rosie!" Jasmine hissed. She retrieved the knife and cut through my bonds, helping me up. "Are you okay?"