LI.

I felt like I was in an alternate dimension as Benson entered the room

I hated the triumphant look on his face, like he finally had the upper hand seeing me with my wrists cuffed to the table.

I guess in a way, he did. On bullshit charges.

They immediately separated Xavier and me when we arrived at the FBI office, putting us in different interrogation rooms. There was no clock in the room, but it had to have been over an hour, not including the long car ride. I'd been searched and lost all my gear, including my earpiece.

Benson put some files on the table, making a show of it as he sat down in the chair in front of me. The bastard was lucky I was cuffed or I would have lunged at him.

"I have to say, this is way more satisfying than I imagined. How does it feel being completely disconnected from Xavier and all of your buddies? You're alone and no one is going to help you get out of this. It's time that you feel small and weak, which is what you've always been. Following all of Monroe's orders like a puppy. If anything, you're just as bad as he is. You were there when it started all those years ago and you did nothing– still didn't speak up when my father was arrested." Benson leaned closer and gave me a sneer.

Your father murdered a person that I considered a second mother and tried to kill me, I thought.

I didn't bother saying anything. He wouldn't accept my answer and it would be a waste of my time. Benson was too far gone to ever change his opinion or see past his vengeance. He continued his damn self-righteous speech, which was only pissing me off.

Benson opened his folders and began showing me his bullshit evidence, fake messages and photos. He flourished a picture of two large figures going into the hotel room where the shooters were murdered. I almost scoffed because those figures could be anyone.

But depending on how Benson spun it with all the "proof" he'd manufactured, we could be in serious trouble. We would need to give an alibi and point out the holes in his evidence. But I didn't show any sign of nervousness as Benson continued, with a smile I wanted to punch.

"This is just the beginning. This will be the link I need to connect you to other crimes that you and your organization committed. I've collected plenty of evidence over the years that there will be no doubt about it. The FBI will have no choice but to finally believe me. You're done.

"However, I'm willing to give you a plea deal if you confess and tell me everything that you know."

I began to think– not about his stupid ass plea deal, Benson could go to hell.

I wondered why Jasmine hadn't gotten us out yet. Xavier and I already requested her as our attorney. She shouldn't have been that far behind us if she was still at the property.

Benson's nonsense cut me off from my thoughts.

"I can't believe you're such a coward. I'm helping you get out of a life sentence and you are willing to risk it all for the Monroes? All those lives that have been ruined are on their heads, including yours. I have what I need–"