Bonus Chapter 3

Adjusting the blonde wig on my head, I did a twirl for the twins

"How do I look, boys?" I asked, striking a pose in my outfit for the operation. I took my time picking it out, deciding to wear my favorite black mini dress which hugged my curves and showed my best assets. The blonde wig I chose for the night had thick curls that went down my back and with my stilettos and bold red lipstick, I was ready to go.

We stood at the entrance of the Monroe property, getting ready to abduct Owen Donahue, one of the LA shooters and had chased after poor Rosaline. Since Donahue was the only one who left his hotel room, he was our best shot at interrogating for answers. He was expected to be at a bar tonight, the perfect place to snatch him up. With the Anderson twins and myself, we should have him within the next couple of hours.

I checked my watch. We were on a tight timeframe and I needed to get back for a dinner Xavier was hosting with the Campbells, playing as their attorney. If I wanted everything to go over smoothly, we needed to leave in the next five minutes.

Josh gave me a thumbs up, though I did see the disdain on my lipstick color choice. He knew better than to verbalize it, only going to give him a hit in the gut. Julian on the other hand stalked over to me, giving me his full attention. I refused to let it unnerve me, letting Julian admire me from head to toe. It felt like every patch of skin that his blue eyes tracked heated.

With his swimmer's body, dirty blonde hair, and mischievous grin, Julian Anderson was the embodiment of chaos– or a child of one. It seemed he always had something up his sleeve, ready to knock everyone off balance with his brother as his accomplice. His bloodlust and ache for combat could be seen through his missions and concerning collection of knives. In all aspects, Julian was a dangerous man– something my mind and body warred against every single day.

Julian gave me his signature grin, rubbing his thumb along my red lips. I felt them part instinctively. "You look beautiful as always, Jas. Even with the lipstick."

"Good, then I should be able to attract his attention easily. Are you guys strapped?"

The guys scoffed, looking insulted. Julian unzipped his jacket, showing the array of weapons on his torso. My eye caught on his favorite dagger that he lovingly named "Bethany", the one strapped closest to his heart. It was a stiletto knife, the blade having a narrow and tapered edge with a customized handle to fit perfectly in Julian's hand. The hilt was black leather and had a design carved by Julian himself. That blade was his baby and he refused to go anywhere without it.

It would be concerning if a dark part of me didn't appreciate his craftsmanship and dedication.

"Of course, silly me. Let's get this show on the road. Josh, you're driving." I tossed him the keys.

"Yes! I pick the music!" Josh gloated as he ran to the driver's seat.

"What? No way. We were stuck listening to Taylor Swift the entire ride last time. At least throw in a little Britney for me." Julian pleaded as we got in the car. I took the passenger seat, setting up the GPS as the twins continued their usual banter. It was common for the twins to get in some sort of argument, their way of bonding with one another. The strong sibling bond was something that I envied, not having any blood relatives in the country. I haven't spoken to my sisters in years, not since I left to work for MPS and the Organization.