20.

You woke up in a hazy mess of painful throbbing in your skull and a giddy feeling in your stomach

You woke up in a hazy mess of painful throbbing in your skull and a giddy feeling in your stomach. Although you physically felt like you were dying a slow death, a smile slowly creeped on your lips as you recalled the events from last night.

After Taehyung brought you crashing down with what was to your knowledge, the best orgasm you had ever had, he left you in a daze and left the apartment.

You were hoping to return the favour, but he was so eager to leave, it left you wondering if you had maybe done or said the wrong thing.

But you still couldn't help but smile every time you thought about it. About the way his fingers hit every spot deep inside of you perfectly. Like it was a dance routine he had been practicing for his entire life. It was nothing but pure perfection.

Squinting at the sun peeking through your blinds, you had never been more grateful for a Sunday than you were right now. Today was going to be a mission to cure a hangover day. Your plans were simply to roll around in bed all day, possibly be lazy enough to order a starbucks to be delivered and hopefully, manage to eat some food.

Blinking your eyes a few times, you were happy to find out that you were at least sober enough last night to remove your contacts. Grabbing your glasses from the nightstand, you picked up your book opting to start your day of doing absolutely nothing with a bit of light reading.

The book you were reading, called the heart speaks, was your cause for getting up in the morning. Just the little glimmer of hope that somebody out there, even if it was just the author, felt the same about life and love as you was enough for you to know that you and your hopeless romantic heart weren't completely alone in the world.

For a long time, you could only relate to the quotes about break ups, and the struggles of getting over toxic relationships. But as you flipped through the pages, you realised that the cute ones, the ones about actually being happy for a change, were becoming more fitting with your current state of mind.

"It's okay. You just forgot who you are for a while. Welcome back."

You giggled reading that one, whispering a small thank you before flipping over to the next page.

"It doesn't matter who hurt you, or broke you down. What matters is who made you smile again."

Just reading those words instantly sent the image of a certain boxy grin to the front of your mind. But the next one, that one had you terrified. The words rang so true, that it brought you crashing back down to earth. Back to the reality that no matter how happy he made you, or how he warmed your soul, whatever  it was that was happening between you was fleeting, only temporary. And that... was heartbreaking. 

"Someday, when the pages of my life end. I know that you will be one of the most beautiful chapters."

Because in truth, it was just a chapter. A very short one at that. You now only had five weeks left with the only man to warm your cold heart in years.