21.

Taehyung knew what he was getting himself into as he had you pressed into the soft fabric of your rented sofa

Taehyung knew what he was getting himself into as he had you pressed into the soft fabric of your rented sofa. But over the past week, he had come to realise that you were worth every risk imaginable.

You were worth the risk of ridicule he may be subjected to for hiding the fact that he had won the bet with his friends. You were worth the risk of losing himself deep down inside the rabbit hole that you were already in, standing at the bottom staring up at him beckoning him to come join you with a book tightly clasped in your hand.

He had spent any time he had spare to be with you, to hear your little quotes and cute anecdotes from the books you loved to read so much. He felt like he was learning something from you, learning to realise that the world isn't always about getting ahead, it was also about hanging back and holding the hand of the person that needed a little push to go forward.

"What's wrong?" You asked, pulling him from his daze as he stared down at you, for apparently much longer than he had realised, causing you to question his sanity.

He hadn't even realised how long he'd been staring at you until he noticed your breathing had returned to normal, your chest moving gently with each breath making your breasts touch his chest until it fell once more.

"I need to do something."

Leaving you dazed and confused on the couch, Taehyung stumbled to his feet making a mad dash for the bathroom.

Slamming the door closed he took a look at himself in the mirror. He didn't recognise the man staring back at him as he studied his face. He didn't understand the feelings radiating through his body, a warmth consuming him each time he imagined your swollen lips staring up at him in confusion as he ran out of the room.

You were delicate.

He had seen your struggles. Heard your conversations with your ex, listened to your hopes and dreams and desire for no more heartache.

For the first time ever, he cared.

He cared about you and your feelings and how it would absolutely break you if you were to ever find out about him and his friends' seedy plans they had with you.

But he also knew he wanted you. He craved to know how you would look writhing beneath him as he owned your body. Imagining the melodic sounds that would leave your lips as you come undone thanks to his doing once more.

He had to know everything.

Fishing his phone out of his pocket, he knew the solution. The only way to keep you safe from harm and get exactly what he needed in the process.

"I'm calling the bet off. We can't do this to her."

Releasing a breath as he hit send and shoved his phone back in his pocket, he exited the bathroom to find you leaning on the opposite wall, face full of worry as you looked up at him.