34.

Looking across the table at Taehyung, you could hear him talking but you weren't listening

Looking across the table at Taehyung, you could hear him talking but you weren't listening. You were too wrapped up in thought as you stared at the most beautiful man you had ever laid your eyes on. Thinking how the hell you could be so lucky to be able to call this man yours.

Sitting in the patio area of the restaurant, the warm Miami breeze whipped around you, hugging you with it's comforting arms and it's comfortable 75 degree fahrenheit evening air. You couldn't remember a time when you were this happy.

Something as simple as sharing a wing platter with a man that looked at you with just as much adoration as you did him, was all that you needed in life. All you ever wanted was to be truly loved. To have a man that treated you with such care and respect that you thought of yourself as one of the lucky protagonists you often read about.

But this isn't love. Not yet. At least not on his part. It couldn't be. You were well aware how you felt about him, but were too scared to voice your feelings out loud for fear of it chasing him away. For now, you will just admire him. Knowing, hoping, that one day you will admit your feelings, and he will hopefully reciprocate.

The restaurant he had chosen for your date night was exactly what you'd expect from a beachfront restaurant in Miami. It was bustling with other couples, a few families and a handful of friend groups filling the patio area whilst the indoor part of the restaurant was barron. But that's what you'd expect with perfect weather for alfresco dining.

Now that the two of you had agreed that you both wanted to continue your relationship past the next week, which was your last, you were nothing but content. Knowing that a week from Monday you are no longer going to be saying goodbye. You will just simply be saying, see you soon.

And that 'soon' will never come soon enough. But at least now it means that you will have multiple rounds of reunion sex. Both breathlessly moaning I miss you as you make love throughout the night. The thought had you shifting in your seat, oddly excited to reunite with the man that was still sitting across from you.

Wrapping your hand in his as he smiled across the table at you, you matched his smile with one of your own. A smile so genuine you were sure it was conveying all of your feelings.

"What are you thinking about sweetheart?"

"Just how happy I am." You breathed out, reaching across to wipe some buffalo sauce from the corner of his mouth.

"It is crazy, isn't it?" He smiled, taking your hand back. "We've only known each other for a few weeks now but it just feels right. It just feels like it..."

"Fits"

"It fits perfectly." He smirked, wiggling his eyebrows causing you to let out a loud laugh. "As snug as a bug in a rug."

"What?!" You laughed even louder at his anecdote, your shoulders bouncing as you wiped your tears of laughter from your eyes.

Seeing Tae's smile fall in a flash, your eyebrows furrowed as you notice him looking beyond you into the crowd of people walking along the boardwalk. His lips suddenly became pursed as he took a sip of his drink, keeping his eyes on the people walking by.