22.

Waking up the next morning, you protested hard for your eyes not to open, not wanting the night to be over

You weren't sure how Taehyung would act after you had sex. You were half expecting a congratulations and a pat on the back before he ran out the door. But he did the exact opposite. He peppered your body with kisses throughout the night and held you close.

It felt too good to be true. You didn't think anything had the possibility of being too perfect, but there Taehyung was to prove you wrong once again.

Your alarm blasting from your phone on the floor for the second time caused you to let out a groan.

"Back to reality." You mumbled, leaning over the side of the bed to shut it off.

Rolling over with the plan of waking Tae so that you both could get ready for work, your eyes blew out and your stomach dropped when you found yourself to be all alone, and the side of the bed that he had slept on, stone cold.

Sitting up straight with the sheets wrapped around your torso, you felt nothing but shame and disappointment to see that Taehyung, along with all of his belongings were nowhere to be seen.

But above all else, you felt embarrassed.

Embarrassed that you could have been so stupid yet again. As if you hadn't learnt your lesson the countless times you had been subjected to the fucked up ways men liked to treat women.

Obviously he was too good to be true.

Dragging yourself up from the bed, your mind was in a hazy mess of disbelief and disgust. You felt so stupid for jumping into bed with him so easily. He had made you think that he was the type of man that would treat women right. Mainly you. You thought he would finally be a man to treat you right.

But the worst thing about it all, was after whatever the hell last night was, you couldn't avoid him. He may have ran out on you now, but in two hours when you walk into the office, there he'll be. Sat at the desk right next to yours.

You tried not to be upset about it. But it hurt. And pain always seems to escape your body in the shape of teardrops. You didn't want to cry, you wanted to be strong. But you had stupidly let yourself start to really like Tae, so what you were sad about wasn't just the fact that he had used you. It was because whatever you thought was going on between the two of you, was now over.

You forced yourself to have a shower in hopes that a nice scrub of the top layer of your skin would give you a new lease on things, hopeful that your sadness would transition to anger. But instead you wound up sobbing a rendition of Celine Dion's All By Myself as the water from the shower pelted you in the face.

Out of the shower and dressed for work, you dried your hair and made it as straight as possible out of spite, knowing that he loved your natural hair in its wavy form.