What A Waste Of A Perfectly Good Clean Wrist

"Let go. Let go. Please?" Tears were coming down like waterfalls on my cheeks by now.

He looked up with teary, sorrowful, eyes. "Why?" he croaked.

 I yanked my arm back forcefully and backed away from him until I hit the wall. I slumped down the wall to the floor in defeat.

I brought my hands up to my face and sobbed into them. Soon enough I felt arms wrap around me comfortingly, I couldn't help but wrap my own around Vic.

We sat in eachothers arms with just the sound of my silent sobs fading slowly. A couple minutes after I had stopped crying Vic softly grabbed my arm. He traced his finger up and down my wrist running over the scars continuosly.

"Why did you do this?" he whispered.

I tugged on my bottom lip nervously.

"Is it because of...me?" I heard Vic audibly gulp down a sob.

I choked back a sob of my own.

"It's NOT your fault." I whispered back.

"Then..why? When?"

"I-I...when I found out you were in a coma. From the first day I went back to cutting...."

"Went back to it? You mean this isn't the first time?" Vic asked, his voice cracking.

"No I first cut when my sister got kicked out of the house. Then I stopped for a while but I knew I was never actually going to stop. I knew I'd go back to it eventually...It's the only reason I kept my razor."

I listened to the sound of Vic's silent breathing.

"Why do these look fresh?" I continued to bite my lip, nervously.

"B-b-because I made them t-this m-morning." I stuttered out. My whole body started shaking violently.

"Mia! Mia calm down it's okay. You're okay." Vic scrambled to help the shaking stop. "Mia!"

I tried to control the shaking but it only got worse. I noticed Mike run in the room.

"Dude what happened!? What's wrong?" He ran towards me trying to calm me.

"I don't know I just asked her about the cuts on her wrist then she started shaking."

"Fuck! She was cutting again." Mike examined my wrist. I started moving away from him. Guilt washing over me.

"They look fresh."

I broke my promise.

"She said she did them this morning."

I promised him I wouldn't cut again.

"We need to take her to the doctor."

I'm the worst friend ever.

"It's late."

I couldn't even keep a single promise.

"I don't care we need to get her to a doctor! She's going into shock!"

I'm a failure.

"Fuck! Alright hurry up!"

The ground below me disappered, but that didn't matter to me.

All that mattered to me was that I didn't deserve this. Life. I mean. I guess I deserved the abuse and rape. I'm just a worthless piece of shit after all.